Brewer Fanatic

Postseason 25-Man Roster Prediction

obobo55new
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Replace Guerra with Cedeno.

Drop Santana, add Davies.

Go Miley, Chacin, Davies, Gio for the first four games.

They're going to bullpen at least in some form for some of this. I don't think they're going to feel the need to officially start 4 of their guys. Maybe all of those guys get some sort of long run in the middle of the game, but I could see them running a bullpen game or 2 out there.

I think you can probably drop Peralta at this point, the best fit for him would have been against the Rockies, if he didn't see any work against them he probably won't in the NLCS either. Guerra stays, Woodruff is certainly still safe.

Keon will be on the NLCS roster, his value to the team is a relative constant regardless of opponent.

Thames for Schoop makes some sense, but I don't see it happening against a lefty heavy rotation like the Dodgers. They already are carrying a PH only type in Santana and Thames would be another. I don't see it.

Cedeno makes sense. I don't see them adding Jennings, he hasn't pitched in 2 weeks and has struggled in high leverage situational roles this season.

So I would say Peralta is out, Cedeno is in, and everyone else stays.

I'm not sure Broxton stays. I think we need the 12th pitcher this series. We'll have that 3 games in a row set in LA. Also we were a bit lucky that literally everyone on the mound executed. Miley and Chacin had solid starts and bridged all the way to the late inning guys. We might not be so lucky this time, and much less room for error with navigating 11 arms in a 7 game series. I think we need a 12th arm to be safe.

I think you can probably drop Peralta at this point, the best fit for him would have been against the Rockies, if he didn't see any work against them he probably won't in the NLCS either. Guerra stays, Woodruff is certainly still safe.

Keon will be on the NLCS roster, his value to the team is a relative constant regardless of opponent.

Thames for Schoop makes some sense, but I don't see it happening against a lefty heavy rotation like the Dodgers. They already are carrying a PH only type in Santana and Thames would be another. I don't see it.

Cedeno makes sense. I don't see them adding Jennings, he hasn't pitched in 2 weeks and has struggled in high leverage situational roles this season.

So I would say Peralta is out, Cedeno is in, and everyone else stays.

I'm not sure Broxton stays. I think we need the 12th pitcher this series. We'll have that 3 games in a row set in LA. Also we were a bit lucky that literally everyone on the mound executed. Miley and Chacin had solid starts and bridged all the way to the late inning guys. We might not be so lucky this time, and much less room for error with navigating 11 arms in a 7 game series. I think we need a 12th arm to be safe.

Agreed, but Broxton's defense can be a difference maker - I'd drop Santana for Cedeno if that is the switch that needs to happen.

Broxton is a great piece to have because not only is he a great defender and base runner, but he gives you legitimate pop off the bench.

I feel bad to say it but Schoop seems the most expendable to me. You're not going to use him for defense over Perez, and as a pure PH he is clearly worse than Santana and Granderson.

If even Thames gets cut because of his poor second half, surely Schoop is on the bubble.

Have to remember the Dodgers are lefty pitching heavy though so that leads to Schoop being on the roster. I generally agree that adding one more P seems needed. If you want Broxton's D and Santana's bat then maybe it's Granderson who's out?

Granderson's about the only LH bat off the bench if our best lineup's on the field to begin the game. Other bench bats -- Broxton, Santana, Perez, Kratz/Pina (whomever's not starting), Schoop -- are all RH bats.

In that scenario, the only LH bats in the field are Yelich, Shaw, & Moustakas, vs. RH bats Braun, Cain, Aguilar, Arcia, & the other C.

From the NLDS roster, we still tip very much RH (10, vs. 4 LH bats). I think Granderson needs to stay.

I think the roster changes will be minimal. They probably say Happy Trails to Freddy Peralta in favor of Anderson, Davies or Cedeno. The fact that they didn't throw Freddy at all against the Rockies tells me that he's pretty low down the totem pole right now. That is by no means saying that he's not valuable or a future contributor, only that he likely won't make a contribution from here on out.

It's possible Broxton or Santana is swapped out as well for a pitcher, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I think they will go to 12 pitchers.

I would not be surprised if Schoop is left off. Schoop did end up hitting week stretch after his terrible start, but then faded again down the stretch. Roll with Arcia at SS every game and then use Perez at 2b against Kershaw and Hill.

I think Cedeno will be on the roster.

I'm not sure if Peralta will be on the roster or not. Seems possible that Davies replaces him.

Why would we start Davies when he has been so mediocre this season?

I would go:

Game 1 - Miley

Game 2 - Chacin

Game 3 - Gio

Game 4 - bullpen

Game 5 - what game 5?

Davies was vintage Davies in September save one inning were every bleeder fell in.

I think the roster changes will be minimal. They probably say Happy Trails to Freddy Peralta in favor of Anderson, Davies or Cedeno. The fact that they didn't throw Freddy at all against the Rockies tells me that he's pretty low down the totem pole right now. That is by no means saying that he's not valuable or a future contributor, only that he likely won't make a contribution from here on out.

It's possible Broxton or Santana is swapped out as well for a pitcher, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I highly highly suspect that Peralta was pegged for game 4 action in Colorado. I also think he would have been used sooner except pretty much everything with pitching went optimally all series. No starter got pulled super early, and Woodruff/Burnes bridged the gap perfectly that first game. I believe Guerra and GG also didn't see action, which means we used 8 pitchers the entire series.

That said, I think Peralta was kept due to his success against Colorado and his experience pitching in altitude this year...I would be very surprised if he wasn't swapped out for someone. I'm expecting Broxton and Peralta to go for Cedeno and either Anderson or Davies.

I highly highly suspect that Peralta was pegged for game 4 action in Colorado. I also think he would have been used sooner except pretty much everything with pitching went optimally all series. No starter got pulled super early, and Woodruff/Burnes bridged the gap perfectly that first game. I believe Guerra and GG also didn't see action, which means we used 8 pitchers the entire series.

That said, I think Peralta was kept due to his success against Colorado and his experience pitching in altitude this year...I would be very surprised if he wasn't swapped out for someone. I'm expecting Broxton and Peralta to go for Cedeno and either Anderson or Davies.

I believe Guerra and Gio both were warming in the pen at times through the series, which tells me they were next up. You are right, the pitching really couldn't have gone any better for the team. I think Broxton stays somehow. I think they value his defense and baserunning too much. Probably between Schoop and Santana as to who doesn't make it.

I would swap out Domingo Santana for Xavier Cedeno. I agree with other posters that we 100% need to replace a hitter with another arm.

I would also swap out Jonathan Schoop for Eric Thames, personally.

I'd also consider swapping out Junior Guerra for either Chase Anderson or Zach Davies.

We can't get rid of Schoop. Doing so leaves Perez as the only reserve IF option and makes it very difficult to use him early. That's basically a hard no, I'm not sure why this idea is gaining so much traction as it makes zero sense.

One thing to note, Dodgers are loaded with LH SP. Their rotation will consist of Beuhler, Kershaw, Hill, Ryu...possibly Wood instead of one of the latter lefties but I doubt it. That's 3/4 LH SP, I suspect we'll see Perez or Schoop get some 2b starts this series in favor of Shaw. Having Shaw available off the bench a decent amount makes Granderson a bit expendable...as we'd have a lefty for late game...but I doubt that happens either. It almost certainly comes down to Santana or Broxton in favor of a pitcher.

[sarcasm]I'd probably swap Braun out for a pitcher. That way Grandy can get some time in the OF.[/sarcasm]
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think Stone nails it for Schoop. He's going to be on the roster. No way around it and he's likely going to start a game or two.

It's which OF to remove for a P. Personally I think I go with Grandy being left off. And possibly moving in/out some of SP types based on matchups. Maybe Peralta out due to more lefties for LAD, something like that.

I can't see any scenario where Broxton is left off. Defense and pinch runner should one of our lumbering hitters get on late - looking at you, Erik! Guerra and Peralta are surplus to requirements as Woody can take a long shift if needed. I think Cedeno comes in for one of them and Jennings for the other. Davies for Santana/Grandy with Grandy maybe just getting the nod for being able to take a walk.

We can't get rid of Schoop. Doing so leaves Perez as the only reserve IF option and makes it very difficult to use him early. That's basically a hard no, I'm not sure why this idea is gaining so much traction as it makes zero sense.

Because Schoop sucks and his roster spot could be used by someone more useful.

Because Schoop sucks and his roster spot could be used by someone more useful.

Gonna put Saladino on instead? If you take of Schoop all you have is Perez to back up 3 spots while keeping 3 OFs to back up at spots where they'll never start a game. It's Saladino or Schoop, so I don't think it's close. IDK, maybe we can get Sogard back up.

Archived