Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-30: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Reed) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers win 2-1, in 11 innings -- Cain solo HR in 11th to take lead]

Eye Black
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun/Fielder

I don't know. The value Cain and Yelich have defensively and baserunning might make them better overall.

Yount / Molitor would rank up there...

some of the Braun/Fielder stat lines would be fairly absurd in combination.

Come on Hader, get it done

How on earth did they win the series? It would be nice if we started playing well, instead of miraculous wins against crappy teams. Wade Miley is somehow our savior, Stearns knew it all along! Go nonsensical baseball!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

7-3 in the last 10. Solid

That's crazy considering the level of meltdown this board has had at times over the past 1.5 weeks. Puts into perspective that despite the uneven pitching performances, this Brewers team keeps finding ways to win. Also, it stinks that the only other two teams playing better than Milwaukee over the past few weeks in the NL are the Cubs and Cards.

It sure would be nice if this crazy Cub road trip they have starting tonight in ATL knocks them back a few more games and brings the Division lead back within a 3-game series' reach.

Yeah that probably wins.

In 1982, Yount, playing SS put up a .331/.379/.578/.957 line (A 166 OPS+) and Molitor, playing 3B put up a .302/.366/.450/.816 line, 129 OPS+. They combined for ~17 WAR.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yeah that probably wins.

In 1982, Yount, playing SS put up a .331/.379/.578/.957 line (A 166 OPS+) and Molitor, playing 3B put up a .302/.366/.450/.816 line, 129 OPS+. They combined for ~17 WAR.

WINNER!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Everybody say it with me...LET'S GO BRAAAVES!!!!!!

Be careful. We’re more likely to be competing with the Braves for a WC spot than the Cubs for the division. The good news is one of them will lose!

I would take that but if I could only pick one, I'd say... LET'S GO PIRAAATES!!!!!!!

Braves, Pirates, Padres, and I guess we probably want the Dbacks right? They take 3(or 4) of 4 from the Dodgers and stick them in a hole for the wildcard...?

Be careful. We’re more likely to be competing with the Braves for a WC spot than the Cubs for the division. The good news is one of them will lose!

Ehh, it's actually more likely we are competing with philly as the Braves will probably win the division. Plus, I'm not ready to give up on beating out the Cubs. Not until we play the Labor Day series. The Cubs are in a difficult stretch of games, and their cupcake August schedule is over. They'll have to actually earn their wins now. Maybe they do, maybe not...we'll see.

I view the Labor Day series as must-sweep for the Crew for the division.

If not, it's playing for the Wild Card.

Agreed, with the disclaimer, if they can take 2 out of 3 at Miller and then sweep at Wrigley, that would do it.

But yeah, the Cubs have opened things up. To really have a shot to even make things interesting against them you probably need a sweep somewhere and 5 out of 6 overall.

Archived