Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-30: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Reed) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers win 2-1, in 11 innings -- Cain solo HR in 11th to take lead]

Eye Black
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seemed like an easy double switch opportunity last inning. Burnes in for Moose, Shaw in for P

In hindsight certainly would've been the way to go. I guess the thinking behind it was that with Burnes pitching yesterday, they wouldn't be looking for multiple innings out of him anyway. And had he gone 15-20 pitches he would've been out, making the double switch pointless. Then again, they don't lose all that much from doing it, unless the plan was for the next pitcher to go multiple innings in which case you'd have to let him bat or make another double switch, this time weakening the offense by bringing in Arcia.

Seemed like an easy double switch opportunity last inning. Burnes in for Moose, Shaw in for P

In hindsight certainly would've been the way to go. I guess the thinking behind it was that with Burnes pitching yesterday, they wouldn't be looking for multiple innings out of him anyway. And had he gone 15-20 pitches he would've been out, making the double switch pointless. Then again, they don't lose all that much from doing it, unless the plan was for the next pitcher to go multiple innings in which case you'd have to let him bat or make another double switch, this time weakening the offense by bringing in Arcia.

My fingers are crossed that it's Barnes. No Brooks or Albers please...

Oof, Thames looks pretty lost at the plate right now.

I gotta say, I wouldn't mind seeing them just deal Thames for whatever this offseason. He can be a frustrating player and there's no real space for him now.

Especially if somehow Moose comes back, which I doubt. but if he did this would free up ABs at 1B.

Archived