Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-30: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Reed) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers win 2-1, in 11 innings -- Cain solo HR in 11th to take lead]

Eye Black
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cannot stand it. Just can't.

His lack of effort has been on display all year. Home runs and clutch hits cover up a lot of those moments. Now that he’s back to average, this is more evident. Pretty sure you’ve been on this all year....and now it’s on full display.

It was so noticeable when you go to the games. Hard to watch at times.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I’m not into complaining too much about umpiring, but that was the worst call I have ever seen. The plate is totally blocked off and the runner has to slide through the glove and leg of Kratz and he is somehow called safe. Even after reviewing it, they still got it wrong.

I think his leg might have gone through before the tag was applied because Kratz had to backup to give himself a decent hop to catch it on. They also might have called him safe for blocking the plate as well. The throw took him over there but his leg was back and then he stuck his leg in front of the plate and didn't give him a clear path to slide.

I may be wrong, but the catcher does not need to give a clear path to slide if he already has the ball correct? I thought the catcher was allowed to block the plate if the ball was in the glove well before the runner got there. I know they need to provide a path and can’t block it if the throw is still coming in, but Kratz had it well before the runner got home.

Cannot stand it. Just can't.

His lack of effort has been on display all year. Home runs and clutch hits cover up a lot of those moments. Now that he’s back to average, this is more evident. Pretty sure you’ve been on this all year....and now it’s on full display.

It was so noticeable when you go to the games. Hard to watch at times.

I don't remember him being this way last year. Maybe the great first half has been a curse. Now feels his roster spot is safe, success has gotten to his head, and he's gotten lazy and complacent.

Not saying that's definitely it but it's a plausible theory.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I will gladly swap Hamilton for Schebler.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I’m not into complaining too much about umpiring, but that was the worst call I have ever seen. The plate is totally blocked off and the runner has to slide through the glove and leg of Kratz and he is somehow called safe. Even after reviewing it, they still got it wrong.

I think his leg might have gone through before the tag was applied because Kratz had to backup to give himself a decent hop to catch it on. They also might have called him safe for blocking the plate as well. The throw took him over there but his leg was back and then he stuck his leg in front of the plate and didn't give him a clear path to slide.

I may be wrong, but the catcher does not need to give a clear path to slide if he already has the ball correct? I thought the catcher was allowed to block the plate if the ball was in the glove well before the runner got there. I know they need to provide a path and can’t block it if the throw is still coming in, but Kratz had it well before the runner got home.

I believe you are correct. As soon as he gets the ball he can block the plate.

Yeah but like I said the runner's left leg was way out in front of his right leg which is where the tag was applied and Kratz's leg was blocking the plate making it hard to see the edge. It was worth the challenge but never really had any hope of being overturned from whatever the original call was.

Archived