Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-30: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Reed) 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers win 2-1, in 11 innings -- Cain solo HR in 11th to take lead]

Eye Black

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Load up on the righties today? Both Schoop and Perez are seeing the ball well right now. As great as Moose has been, I think Yelich is the only lefty in the lineup today.

Cody Reed is a reliever right now but he is moving to starter and it's at least somewhat of a bullpen game so it's going to be an interesting lineup card day. Maybe you put Mous and Shaw at 6/7 if they're in the lineup.

I'm not sure how far he'll go because he hasn't really been stretched out. The challenge is that if he gets through the first quickly, they can keep him around to try to get Mous/Shaw if they're in the lineup.

I guess maybe you still go with mostly righties and Cincy will potentially be out of lefty relievers later in the game to use against them...though, I guess that's also a reason to just get those LH/LH ABs out of the way right away and then it's an advantage later if those guys had started...?

tenor.gif?itemid=9919713

Quick, put him back in your lineup. Do it for the team!

This. We are in a pennant race, we need all forms of superstitions in play. Not blue font.

I'm in a pennant race too. He's staying on my bench.

I picked him up for the playoffs next week with him having 7 games. Wanted to see how he looked this week before making a decision on whether to play him, so far this week it doesn't look good. Hopefully that last one more day and then he gets hot over the weekend

Peralta and Williams optioned down for Barnes and Aaron Brooks. I imagine both Peralta and Williams will be back up after the requisite 10 days.

If sent to a non playoff minor league couldn't they come back up on the 1st or 2nd?

Peralta and Williams optioned down for Barnes and Aaron Brooks. I imagine both Peralta and Williams will be back up after the requisite 10 days.

Brooks is an interesting choice. Pitched well this year, but not sure why now with the 40-man shuffle over just recalling Wilkerson.

If sent to a non playoff minor league couldn't they come back up on the 1st or 2nd?

I think the regular season ends on the 3rd for all minor league teams.

Brooks is an interesting choice. Pitched well this year, but not sure why now with the 40-man shuffle over just recalling Wilkerson.

They must see something with Brooks. Don't know much about Brooks, but Wilkerson has been pretty terrible whenever recalled and he doesn't have great stuff or potential to at least fall back on. He's frankly pretty lucky it was Hernandez getting the DFA today and not him.

So Cody Reed is a reliever. Do you all expect a straight bullpen game here from the Reds? I can't imagine this guy goes something like 4 or 5 innings today...

He might get to 4 or 5 if he gets through innings quickly. I'd suspect 2-3 is more likely, maybe a 4th.

They're moving him into the rotation but he hasn't really been stretched out. Maybe they let him go up to 50, maybe even 60 pitches.

Reed has 17 starts in the minors this year & threw 90-100 pitches during his starts on August 2 & August 8.

His longest outing since he's been up in the MLB pen was 52 pitches over 3.2 IP on August 15.

He's stretched out, and the Reds' pen is gassed. If he goes out early, it's going to be because the Brewers' offense knocks him around.

Reed has 17 starts in the minors this year & threw 90-100 pitches during his starts on August 2 & August 8.

His longest outing since he's been up in the MLB pen was 52 pitches over 3.2 IP on August 15.

Ah, I knew he was once a starter but only saw a bunch of 1 inning outings in his recent gamelog and didn't bother to check something beyond 2 weeks ago...oops.

So Cody Reed is a reliever. Do you all expect a straight bullpen game here from the Reds? I can't imagine this guy goes something like 4 or 5 innings today...

He might get to 4 or 5 if he gets through innings quickly. I'd suspect 2-3 is more likely, maybe a 4th.

They're moving him into the rotation but he hasn't really been stretched out. Maybe they let him go up to 50, maybe even 60 pitches.

Fair enough, seems reasonable.

Archived