Brewer Fanatic

Who do you think could break out, come back, or rebound in 2019?

clancyphile

As we near the end of the 2018 minor-league system, Who do you think could break out in 2019?

I have a few prospects in mind:

C/OF Cooper Hummel - He is a switch-hitting catcher/OF/1B with a lot of power, think Mickey Tettleton in his prime.I know everyone's excited about Josh Nottingham, but Hummel's BB/K rates are superb, and he's tearing the cover off the ball lately.

OF/1B Ryan Aguilar - He's a 31st-round pick from 2016. He may be a huge steal. Has demonstrated a good walk rate over the years, but this year he flashed more power. Question is if he can get his batting average up. If he does, imagine Eric Thames, with less home run power, but able to play all three outfield spots decently.

3B Dallas Carroll - I've been a fan of his OBP skills, and he did regress a little in batting average this year, but it's his first full pro season at A+. I think he could rebound and be a very pleasant surprise - a Jeff Cirillo-type hitter.

RHP Jorge Ortega - More of a comeback/rebound candidate. His BABIP has been .329, and in the past was lower. Coming off injury. Hoping for a return to 2015 form where he flashed Zach Davies-like potential.

LHP Scott Sunitsch - Only one home run in 46 IP. Yeah, the ERA looks a little high, but could be a very useful rotation asset. A left-handed Davies.

LHP Aaron Ashby - Has the makings of a left-handed Jimmy Nelson.

RHP Jon Olczak - Might have the makings of a bullpen asset, like Barnes or Taylor Willaims.

LHP Michael Mediavilla - Rookie league numbers are eye-popping. A potential Hader.

LHP Jose Alberro - Another potential Hader.

Archived