Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-29: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Harvey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 13-12 in 10 innings -- Christian Yelich hits for the CYCLE on 6-for-6 Night; Brewers overcome controversy and 4-run deficit]

Eye Black
Tomorrow outta be an interesting game since there is no bullpen arms worth a darn that’s able to pitch.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made the Votto-less Reds look like the '27 Yankees.

14 hits, 8 walks and 9 runs last night.

14 hits, 6 walks and 11 runs tonight.

Thank God we split the two games.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Free him? Has he even left Milwaukee yet?

Well we are in Cincinnati lol

I would venture to guess Knebel did not make the trip to Cincy.

He going to throw bullpens for Johnson via Skype?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Brewers position players look mentally and physically exhausted exiting the field. Big picture we don't have enough pitching right now to go deep in the playoffs. Hopefully they can get some pitchers dialed in and make a run....
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I must admit, some perverse side of me wanted to see the Reds tie it so Yelich could get one more AB.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yelich raised his average 9 points.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Brewers position players look mentally and physically exhausted exiting the field. Big picture we don't have enough pitching right now to go deep in the playoffs. Hopefully they can get some pitchers dialed in and make a run....

Anyone who started the game on the bench today should be in the starting lineup tomorrow. Arcia, Kratz, Aguilar, and Perez should all start. I see Braun, Thames, and probably Moose all sitting today.

Can this be the game that sets them off on a tear?? Man, I hope so.

Option Peralta tonight just to get another arm for tomorrow? No guarantee he'll make his next scheduled start anyways.. Or just designate Albers? Going to have to bring up another arm you'd think.

We made the Votto-less Reds look like the '27 Yankees.

14 hits, 8 walks and 9 runs last night.

14 hits, 6 walks and 11 runs tonight.

Thank God we split the two games.

I don't even think that is a big deal by itself as the Reds have a decent offense just no pitching. It is the fact they came off of a series where they looked worthless offensively that makes it so painful. It really makes our pitching look bad to see the contrast in results.

Can this be the game that sets them off on a tear?? Man, I hope so.

Option Peralta tonight just to get another arm for tomorrow? No guarantee he'll make his next scheduled start anyways.. Or just designate Albers? Going to have to bring up another arm you'd think.

My guess is Guerra gets sent down. Woodruff only pitched two innings tonight, and that could have been with a MLB pen role in mind. Jake Thompson has looked pretty good too.

Archived