Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-29: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Harvey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 13-12 in 10 innings -- Christian Yelich hits for the CYCLE on 6-for-6 Night; Brewers overcome controversy and 4-run deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching Burnes pitch and the tools he has I still don't understand why he isn't starting games. It is again one of those David Stearns mysteries.

Same with Hader. Would rather have 130+ innings out of him by this time than 65.

Patience. (At least with Burnes)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jared Hughes is up in the bullpen for the Reds. If we can get out of this jam we should have the lead going into the bottom of the 8th.

In one thread this week someone wanted Stearns fired for letting him go cuz he's such a stud....

Watching Burnes pitch and the tools he has I still don't understand why he isn't starting games. It is again one of those David Stearns mysteries.

Same with Hader. Would rather have 130+ innings out of him by this time than 65.

100% agree. Hader has been great in the pen. They owe it to him, themselves and the fans to see if he can be that type of presence in the rotation.

29 hits and 18 runs the last two nights. The offense is en fuego.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't see any chance Hader becomes a starter, he just doesn't have a starters arsenal at all. He would have to develop a new pitch and he hasn't shown any progress towards doing it.

Part of that is probably due to his role and how high leverage his innings are meaning he can't try to develop it, but I just don't see it.

I don't see any chance Hader becomes a starter, he just doesn't have a starters arsenal at all. He would have to develop a new pitch and he hasn't shown any progress towards doing it.

I firmly believe developing his slider was his point of emphasis this offseason specifically to prepare for a bullpen role. It's very similar to how Nelson kept showing up to spring training having developed a new pitch or solidified a pitch. I could see him doing the same thing but with his changeup. I'll agree it's unlikely, but the door isn't closed yet.

You think that bad call fired up the hitters? Or is the Reds bullpen that bad? Or some combination?

I think Craig Counsel not losing his mind gave everyone huge confidence.

"He knows we've got this."

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I swear if you subtracted hamiltons numbers against the brewers out of his career numbers hed be a 150 hitter and out of the league by now.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I am quoting your quote

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

and responding with:

Mike Marshall

Marshall threw in an era where you only had to throw max effort with about 50% of your pitches instead of almost every pitch. Also an era where most hitters were focused on putting the ball in play if they could rather than extending at bats. The game is just completely different now.

Archived