Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-29: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Harvey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 13-12 in 10 innings -- Christian Yelich hits for the CYCLE on 6-for-6 Night; Brewers overcome controversy and 4-run deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christian Yelich finally becoming the guy we hoped he would be when we got him. A guy going from a bunch of pitchers parks to a bunch of hitters parks. Has truly gone from really good to flat out elite. Really cool he seems destined for that 30 homer mark.

With tonight, Christian Yelich, in 36 games since the All Star Break, is hitting .368 (57 for 155) with 33 runs scored, 12 doubles, 3 triples, 15 home runs, 32 RBI, 10 walks, and is slashing .406 OBP/.774 SLG/1.180 OPS.

That's nuts.

And he is only 26! And he is under affordable team control through the 2022 season!

Stearns gets major props for that trade.

And with that, he get's an outfield assist! Crap arm and all!

It’s really hard to measure these things but this experience these young arms are getting is second to none. Hader, Williams, Peralta, Burnes will all be better pitchers for getting these opportunities.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Really happy he charged that hard so he could make that throw.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Watching Burnes pitch and the tools he has I still don't understand why he isn't starting games. It is again one of those David Stearns mysteries.

Same with Hader. Would rather have 130+ innings out of him by this time than 65.

Yelich now joins such storied Brewers legends as... George Kottaras, Chad Moeller, and Jody Gerut.

Jody Gerut at least had a couple of good seasons. His rookie year made him look like an up and coming star but it just never worked out for him.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

[sarcasm]The Cubs never scored 11 runs against Cincy.[/sarcasm]

Archived