Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-29: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Harvey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 13-12 in 10 innings -- Christian Yelich hits for the CYCLE on 6-for-6 Night; Brewers overcome controversy and 4-run deficit]

Eye Black

HBpiRrJ.jpg

HBpjcl0.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Reds Lineup

1. CF Lorenzo Cain R 1. CF B. Hamilton B

2. RF C. Yelich L 2. SS Jose Peraza R

3. 2B Travis Shaw L 3. 2B S. Gennett L

4. LF Ryan Braun R 4. 3B E. Suarez R

5. 3B M. Moustakas L 5. RF S. Schebler L

6. SS J. Schoop R 6. LF P. Tucker L

7. 1B Eric Thames L 7. C T. Barnhart B

8. C Manny Pina R 8. 1B Curt Casali R

9. P F. Peralta R 9. P Matt Harvey R[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd half wRC+:

Jesus Aguilar - 84

Hernan Perez -127

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

2nd half wRC+:

Jesus Aguilar - 84

Hernan Perez -127

I've been saying that Aguilar hasn't been as good in the 2nd half, it generally gets shot down everytime I say it though. 222/319/385 since the break with only 5 dingers. For a 1b only, that is not good enough. Perez 308/357/508. All of Yelich, Cain, Braun, Perez, Shaw, Pina, and Yelich one more time for good measure...are posting very strong 2nd half numbers.

2nd half wRC+:

Jesus Aguilar - 84

Hernan Perez -127

I've been saying that Aguilar hasn't been as good in the 2nd half, it generally gets shot down everytime I say it though. 222/319/385 since the break with only 5 dingers. For a 1b only, that is not good enough. Perez 308/357/508. All of Yelich, Cain, Braun, Perez, Shaw, Pina, and Yelich one more time for good measure...are posting very strong 2nd half numbers.

Take away that initial 2/30 or whatever it was that so brutal for Jesus though and what does it look like? Honest question. Basically my eye/memory test is that he's been fine since that brutal run. Obviously not as good as before the break, but we all knew that wasn't sustainable. Not sure if I'm right though

We are far far away from "must wins", but about to enter September and playing tomorrow to avoid getting swept by the Reds is not exactly what we need to be doing.

At what point do these games become must win? When we're all but mathematically eliminated from playoff contention? Truth is, must win games started about two weeks ago and tonight is one of those games if we're supposed to win three game series.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
We scored! Twice!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We are far far away from "must wins", but about to enter September and playing tomorrow to avoid getting swept by the Reds is not exactly what we need to be doing.

At what point do these games become must win? When we're all but mathematically eliminated from playoff contention? Truth is, must win games started about two weeks ago and tonight is one of those games if we're supposed to win three game series.

If today is a "must win" then logically every game the rest of the way is a "must win" until we either clinch or are eliminated. Must win games in baseball don't really happen until the last week or two of the season.

Pina's season OPS now up over .700 and his 2nd half OPS is .785.

Maybe not trading for a catcher was the right thing to do. (Kratz's 2nd half OPS is .697, but that's pretty much par if not above average for a backup catcher.)

Why are we pitching AGAIN to the 8th place hitter hitting over .300 with a pitcher on-deck with 2 outs and a runner in scoring position?

Counsell is so brain-numbing! When will he learn how to manage game situations?

Why are we pitching AGAIN to the 8th place hitter hitting over .300 with a pitcher on-deck with 2 outs and a runner in scoring position?

Counsell is so brain-numbing! When will he learn how to manage game situations?

[sarcasm]Hey, he's not the best manager in the National League for nothing.[/sarcasm]

I love me some Yelich but how the hell is that a hit? Smh.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived