Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-28: Brewers (Guerra) at Reds (DeSclafani) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is one major difference between the 1st and 2nd half Brewers. The 1st half Brewers' bullpen frequently limited damage and gave the offense a chance to get back into the game. The 2nd half bullpen cannot and thus rallies usually fall short.

The crazy thing is Shaw is killing them at second base but can't move him in order to play the second basemen they acquired because then they would have to move the third basemen they acquired when they already had one. Good moves.

The crazy thing is Shaw is killing them at second base but can't move him in order to play the second basemen they acquired because then they would have to move the third basemen they acquired when they already had one. Good moves.

Also correct use of irony.

I know they want to get Shaw and Moose both into the lineup but they got way too cute with this. Shaw's glove isn't horrible but he has zero range. It's literally like having two 1st basemen on the right side.

The Brewers have a smart FO and analytics team, but their deadline infield moves did more harm than good. They need to re-evaluate what they did here.

I hate to say it, but as of now the deadline was completely botched. The offensive production from the 2nd base position has actually gotten WORSE since the deadline. Shaw has a .648 OPS while play 2nd base and Schoop .542. Obviously the defense has been much worse as well.

Add in the fact all the talent we gave up for those trades and ignoring the rotation questions (ERA over 5.00 since the deadline BTW).... Puke.

Don’t understand why we didn’t bring back Hughes, he was solid last year and had been for 4 years coming into this season. Pretty sure the Reds got him for only 2 million too. Stearns really wasn’t willing to pay him that but came into the season with guys like Barnes and Drake on the roster?

Yea they'd have been further ahead just getting Dozier and spending the prospects on pitching. I mean I can see the logic of what they tried and the Schoop move is also partially for next year. But yea the person's signature on here kind of mocking the moves nails it pretty well.

Don’t understand why we didn’t bring back Hughes, he was solid last year and had been for 4 years coming into this season. Pretty sure the Reds got him for only 2 million too. Stearns really wasn’t willing to pay him that but came into the season with guys like Barnes and Drake on the roster?

Also had to give that same amount to Boone Logan, because left-handed. :tired

I hate to say it, but as of now the deadline was completely botched. The offensive production from the 2nd base position has actually gotten WORSE since the deadline. Shaw has a .648 OPS while play 2nd base and Schoop .542. Obviously the defense has been much worse as well.

Add in the fact all the talent we gave up for those trades and ignoring the rotation questions (ERA over 5.00 since the deadline BTW).... Puke.

Going to be 10-13 in August if we don't come back tonight, which is a pretty fair representation of our deadline performance.

Yea they'd have been further ahead just getting Dozier and spending the prospects on pitching. I mean I can see the logic of what they tried and the Schoop move is also partially for next year. But yea the person's signature on here kind of mocking the moves nails it pretty well.

For some reason, Stearns seems to be more comfortable with this team's starting rotation than, well, everyone. Been that way since winter. Nearly every fan, every baseball writer and "expert" said they needed more pitching. He didn't get it. I fear that's going to be this team's downfall.

I hate to say it, but as of now the deadline was completely botched. The offensive product from the 2nd base position has actually gotten WORSE since the deadline. Shaw has a .648 OPS while play 2nd base and Schoop .542. Obviously the defense has been much worse as well.

Yes. Strearns has done a good job overall but is completely overrated by most Brewer fans.

Khris Davis for nothing, Will Smith for nothing, Villar over Gennett, the fail of a trade deadline this season.

If Isan Diaz is a bust he lost the Segura trade too.

I hate to say it, but as of now the deadline was completely botched. The offensive product from the 2nd base position has actually gotten WORSE since the deadline. Shaw has a .648 OPS while play 2nd base and Schoop .542. Obviously the defense has been much worse as well.

Yes. Strearns has done a good job overall but is completely overrated by most Brewer fans.

Khris Davis for nothing, Will Smith for nothing, Villar over Gennett, the fail of a trade deadline this season.

If Isan Diaz is a bust he lost the Segura trade too.

LOL, Diaz was part of the Yelich trade. He served his purpose.

My error. I forgot Diaz was flipped for Yelich.

He’s still an overrated GM

I don’t understand why or how he’s overrated. His team has improved each year. We were technically supposed to be in rebuild for quite a bit longer. All GMs have moves that dont pan out. All of them. But the one thing you can’t take away from Stearns is that this team is in a much better place today than when he took over and going forward.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived