Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-28: Brewers (Guerra) at Reds (DeSclafani) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And lead off base hit. Counsell never learns it seems.

...it was a seeing eye single. One that maybe a rang-eee two bagger might get.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Seriously...one outing? :laughing

After this regression he still has an ERA under 2.

I think he was joking, but you cannot deny the irony. ;)

Not irony

Talking about how great Hughes is at the exact same time as he's getting shelled by our inconsistent offense. Yes, that can be seen as ironic. Yes it is one outing, and Hughes has been great all year. But at this exact instance, it is ironic. And funny.

I thought a while back after the Soria trade that swapping Hader and Peralta's roles once the innings deemed it would be a great way to boost this season and set us up for next. But with Soria's DL stint and Knebel falling off a cliff obviously Hader is needed right where he is. Still frustrating that we don't have the starters right now to go on any kind of a sustained run. These over before they start games suck, is it just me or do we never have any of these type games on our side any more?

Just forget this post lol read this last few posts of this thread after seeing 7-2 earlier and thought it was over.

Albers has been bad but can't catch a break either.....2 grounders in the wrong spot for hits.

When it's going bad it's going bad......a few feet to the left and it's a double play.

The first one was forgivable. The second one was a solid shot right up the middle. Yes if you happen to have a guy standing there it's a DP, but that would be one we'd all be lamenting Braun's bad luck if he hit one like that and it ended up being a GIDP. It was solid contact.

I just don't get why Albers wasn't left on the DL until September 1st. He was clearly just a phantom injury stash to begin with and nothing has really changed with him. They were 10 days away, why?

Didn’t he do really well in his minor league rehab assignment?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So, what are the odds Gennett hits a 3-run HR here?

Surprisingly less than a 2-run triple. Gennett is becoming my least favorite player in the MLB, only because he kills us on the field. My least favorite player in the MLB is really Yadier Molina, and there's probably a good chance he actually killed someone.

I just don't get why Albers wasn't left on the DL until September 1st. He was clearly just a phantom injury stash to begin with and nothing has really changed with him. They were 10 days away, why?

Didn’t he do really well in his minor league rehab assignment?

Did really well in his minor league assignment before the last time he came back, too. Davies had some really good minor league assignments with some clunkers mixed in. Just hard to know how much to read into that.

I hate Scooter Gennett. Why do I have the feeling he's going to destroy Brewer pitching for the next decade?

Now that is irony. Saying we need a 2B when we, we’ll you know.

Yep ... I'm not defending that move anymore. That's a big black eye for Stearns. Hate to say it, but Briggs is right.

Archived