Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-28: Brewers (Guerra) at Reds (DeSclafani) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I can't believe Hamilton actually made a good throw. Just not our night.

He has 12 outfield assists

Because everyone runs on his noodle arm. Probably too much. Although in this case it required a perfect throw.

I can't believe Hamilton actually made a good throw. Just not our night.

He has 12 outfield assists

Because everyone runs on his noodle arm. Probably too much. Although in this case it required a perfect throw.

Yeah that noodle arm that can throw it 95 miles an hour right on the money.

I was so excited to watch this one tonight. What a let down. Bah, on to tomorrow for me.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you look at it from a neutral POV, our pitchers today in a pennant race were Junior, Lyles, Jennings, and Albers.

No one outside of the most homer of Brewer fans would think that is a pitching lineup of a serious contender.

We need to get some arms prior to September 1st.

The autopsy of this season will basically come down to the deals that were made and the deals that were not. Very plain what this team's needs were heading into the deadline. Happ, Fires, Lynn, Hammels, Gausman, Wheeler etc were out there for the taking and all have pitched great. Instead we traded for another third basemen and a second basemen who at this point doesn't play full time. Junior Guerra is starting huge games down the stretch and getting bombed. The real question is why did it go down like this and why did last season not appear to make positive change for this season. Very disappointing.

Very disappointing to come home from a long day at work, turn this on, and see we’ve been getting smoked.

I didn’t see the beginning but it sounds like this should be it for Guerra as far as the rotation goes. It might not stop the fade, but you have to give yourself a chance.

I’d love to know what the Reds wanted for Harvey. I am going to assume they were unreasonable.

Starting pitching was a need going into the season, and while they have had stretches of decent pitching, starting pitching is still this team's biggest need. They failed in the offseason and at the trade deadline to shore up that portion of the roster, besides the astute signing of Chacin. The inability for the majority of the team's starters to go more than 5-6 innings has put extra pressure on the relief staff, and if they don't make the playoffs, that will be the main culprit. Of course, it doesn't help that the team has a wildly inconsistent offense.

Archived