Brewer Fanatic

Chris Archer

TURBO

After his performance against the Brewers today, anybody out there still wish we had mortgaged the farm to get him?

Dodged another bullet in my opinion.

Stearns made a great decision by sticking to his guns, and not upping the offer, if in fact we were ever in on him to begin with.

Thank you baseball gods...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Great decision...not signing Darvish was a great decision. Not trading a bunch of good prospects for Archer was just common sense. Not sure we went after him at the deadline, but surely did in the offseason. Glad we avoided this trap.

I don't find it prudent to judge potential player acquisition on one poor inning. Archer is a guy that has, what, 4 years of control remaining? The move for Archer could have given the Brewers a guy with TOR potential for 120 starts. Suddenly that's a terrible idea because of a 6-run inning in 1 start against us? The debate remains valid on the potential cost to acquire Archer, but yesterday's start did nothing to change my opinion one way or another. #ForestThroughTheTrees

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm going to lock this thread because I really don't see the value of continuing the Chris Archer debate.

One side is going to say, "I told you so," the other side is going to cite stats and small sample size, etc.

It is an endless circle that really doesn't provide much for the board.

If there is potential for an Archer trade we can start a new thread in the future.

Archived