Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-26: Pirates (Archer) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, on a side note, can we stop with the "player x is lazy" talk? I don't know about anyone else, but it really bothers me. Just because someone doesn't make a play or doesn't move quickly on a play doesn't mean they are lazy. I've seen a lot of this lately and I feel it is very unfair.

It's one thing when someone opts to not run to first; sure, that's a lazy play. But to say a player - in general - is lazy just isn't cool.

I've been on it lately. Aguilar is flat out lazy. He doesn't run hard anywhere.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Also, on a side note, can we stop with the "player x is lazy" talk? I don't know about anyone else, but it really bothers me. Just because someone doesn't make a play or doesn't move quickly on a play doesn't mean they are lazy. I've seen a lot of this lately and I feel it is very unfair.

It's one thing when someone opts to not run to first; sure, that's a lazy play. But to say a player - in general - is lazy just isn't cool.

So, a team full of "try hard," Nate Orf types is your preference? Good luck with that.

So, a team full of "try hard," Nate Orf types is your preference? Good luck with that.

:laughing As if this is the only type of player that runs hard. I see Braun and Cain do it nightly and they're "old" for this game. Aguilar's lack of hustle is incredible for a guy that's barely made it to the show.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The energy level overall looks bad every game. They all look like they need a nap. Every day.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I don't really get that from him. I think he's just an huge slugger who doesn't move that well.

I’ll take a series win.

I don’t view Jesús as lazy either. Someone like Braun, Yelich or Cain can beat out an infield grounder if there is a bobble but when you’re big and slow, like Aguilar, you’re out by 3 steps instead of 5 and it’s a waste of energy to bust it down the line just for “show”.

Hawaii just won the Little League World Series. I enjoy watching the kids play hard and win.

The Crew might not always run full speed to first base at all times but I don't think there is a lazy one in the bunch.

How can you tell? He is no speed demon...

How can you tell? He is no speed demon...

There’s a difference between being slower and just not hustling. Attend a game. Watch him. It’s very easy to spot. Shaw isn’t much better.

what happened to Anderson?

Guy looked like Sandy Koufax for the first 4 or 5 innings then he became just awful. Why the steep dropoff? I dont understand.

I mean I could see someone gradually getting tired and not being as good as the early innings but his drop off and serving up gopher balls so easily at a time when he otherwise was solid makes me uncomfortable.

What the heck happened there?

He left a changeup and a curveball somewhat up, and the hitters got all of them.

Why does it seem like whenever one of our pitchers leave a pitch somewhat up the opposition knocks the snot out of it and when they do that for us we either miss it or we hit into a double play?? :(

Archived