Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-26: Pirates (Archer) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

Eye Black
Looked up the Archer trade, Glasnow and Meadows, ptbnl. Archer's yearly regression continued, huge mistake on Pitts. And super glad we avoided the Archer hype.

Can we please have an easy game and win this 10-2?

The PTBNL was Shane Baz to make thing worse.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson pitching well so far and the offense is working. That's what this team needs every game to make the playoffs and this board to be a happy place.

Anderson would only make it a week or so pitching every game!

Good point in blue. Ha!

Pina's last 16 games, dating back to July 29th (not including today):

.413/.431/.500 (.487 BABIP)

He's not really walking at all, and it's almost all singles, and it's mostly BABIP-driven.

He had a .242 BABIP for the rest of the season before that, his recent hot streak has him back up to .289, so he was due for some positive regression which seems like that's what he's getting.

Even with the big boost of luck lately, he's still well below his numbers last year, so not really sure what to make of him at this point. At least he's getting lucky at the right time for us.

Has anyone seen Pina’s numbers over the last couple of months? Not a rhetorical question, I honestly would like to know. I bet his numbers are pretty solid and akin to his 2017 start.

July (12 games): .220/.238/.341

August (14 games): .395/.419/.447

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Has anyone seen Pina’s numbers over the last couple of months? Not a rhetorical question, I honestly would like to know. I bet his numbers are pretty solid and akin to his 2017 start.

Since beginning of June:

279/329/397

Since beginning of July:

304/329/392

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So are Glasnow and Meadows raking? Don't feel like googling it.

Glasnow in 5 games played for Tampa has Archer prime numbers going. Hes acontrol issue guy in control for them thus far. Meadows has 7HRs in AAA since trade. This has always been my argument on trading away two good prospects for a guy like Archer. Archer on point would add a win maybe two. Glasnow/Meadows starting next season will likely add 5-6 for Tampa over Archer. The upgrade isnt worth it.

If Nelson were healthy, I'd have given him up for Glasnow/Meadows. W/o ptbnl.

Since beginning of June:

279/329/397

Since beginning of July:

304/329/392

Which is inflated by his numbers this month. He was horrid in both June and July.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bad Chase. Bad.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Not going to blame the Brewers offense for this one. Scored 6 2-out runs off Archer, and have had several hard hit balls right at guys since.

Chase's home run problem is so longstanding that it seems unsolveable. He's an ace other than the fact that he gives a couple homers EVERY GAME. One of the most frustrating pitchers to watch.

Archived