Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-25: Pirates (Taillon) at Brewers (Chacín) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-1]

homer
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, they should've brought in Jennings for the lefty.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This team continues to fail to maintain any kind of sustained momentum.

This is not the time of the year where continuing to play .500ish ball is going to cut it if you want to be there after Game 162.

They won 2 of 3 last series and have a chance to do the same tomorrow (if they don't rally tonight). That is not .500ish ball.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

They won 2 of 3 last series and have a chance to do the same tomorrow (if they don't rally tonight). That is not .500ish ball.

Or if they lose tomorrow, that's a 3-3 homestand which is literally the definition of .500ish ball. Or you could add in the prior series...I was certainly considering more than this particularly homestand. One can look at any tiny sample size to prove or disprove a point.

They are going to be 9-12 in August after tonight. .500ish ball I thought was being rather generous. The point is, they've been consistently mediocre for quite some time now and that has to change quickly if there is to be playoff baseball in Milwaukee.

Or if they lose tomorrow, that's a 3-3 homestand which is literally the definition of .500ish ball. Or you could add in the prior series...I was certainly considering more than this particularly homestand. One can look at any tiny sample size to prove or disprove a point.

They are going to be 9-12 in August after tonight. .500ish ball I thought was being rather generous. The point is, they've been consistently mediocre for quite some time now and that has to change quickly if there is to be playoff baseball in Milwaukee.

They’ve been below .500 since June 1st.

The Brewers have been a 500 team for 3 months now. In that time they have lost as many as 7 in a row (prior to AS Break) and have won 5 in a row. Outside of the 5 game win streak the most the Brewers have won in a row, during this 3 month 500 baseball run, is 3. Nothing in those numbers is indicative of a playoff team...

Well I guess you guys solved it. No playoffs. I’ll start prepping for my fantasy football draft now and save myself the time.

Blame Albers, blame Jennings, blame Chacin all you want but we're going to score 1 freaking run. We were shut out 13 of 15 innings last night. The offense has been the problem going on two years now.

Hey, I agree totally. None of what is going with Albers right now really matters. We have one run.

An inconsistent offense continues to plague us and has in the entire Darnell Coles era.

Blame Albers, blame Jennings, blame Chacin all you want but we're going to score 1 freaking run. We were shut out 13 of 15 innings last night. The offense has been the problem going on two years now.

Hey, I agree totally. None of what is going with Albers right now really matters. We have one run.

An inconsistent offense continues to plague us and has in the entire Darnell Coles era.

It's not inconsistent though, it's consistently bad.

Well I guess you guys solved it. No playoffs. I’ll start prepping for my fantasy football draft now and save myself the time.

No one said that, this is overly dramatic. Simply said they need to get some momentum going and start playing better than average baseball if they are going to make the playoffs.

Didn't think of that as a highly controversial statement when I typed it.

I'm not going to say they looked like they don't care but they totally look gassed. But guess what, the Pirates played 15 innings last night too.

Yep. You'd think by watching the game tonight that only one of these teams was in a 15 inning marathon last night.

Archived