Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-25: Pirates (Taillon) at Brewers (Chacín) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-1]

homer
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Pizza Pit in Madison still exist?

Edit: Yes it does. Many locations.

Earlier today I saw a car completely wrapped in Pizza Pit advertising and consciously tried to remember the last time I have had their pizza which I estimated to be over 15 years ago.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If he gives up a dinger on pitch #1 I'm going to eat a pizza.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

They really need to call up QTC from Colo Springs. Can't be worse than Jennings.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If he gives up a dinger on pitch #1 I'm going to eat a pizza.

Now we are 9 outs from a loss AND you don’t get pizza, ouch.

I was eating the pizza regardless of what happened. :)

Dan Jennings is pitching his way off this team in a hurry. Crazy how fast these bullpen guys can go bad.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And Jennings blows it. Who would've seen it coming?

No, Chacin loading the bases blew it. Coming in with the bases loaded is pretty much a recipe for disaster. If he gets three outs with only that single are you really blaming Jennings?

Why is Jennings on this roster if he can’t get lefties out? QTC better be up 9/1.

Or earlier if they want him for the playoffs

Polanco was 2-2 with a walk in his career against Jennings... And he is brought in to face Polanco. I understand playing matchups such as lefty against lefty, but at some point you need to actually look at basic statistics and not overthink a situation.

Why is Jennings on this roster if he can’t get lefties out? QTC better be up 9/1.

His stats say overall he can...lately, brutal.

Yeah last three have been pretty bad. I'd give him a bit more slack if he was giving up grounders that found holes but the contact has been pretty good.

And Jennings blows it. Who would've seen it coming?

No, Chacin loading the bases blew it. Coming in with the bases loaded is pretty much a recipe for disaster. If he gets three outs with only that single are you really blaming Jennings?

+1

Archived