Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-24: Pirates (Musgrove) at Brewers (Miley) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-6 in 15 innings -- Crazy 3-Run Comeback Walk-Off Win]

Eye Black
  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like after about 12 innings I wouldn’t complain if they installed the MiLB rule. At that point it is almost like both teams are fighting to not kill their pens AND lose the game.

I feel like winning isn’t even a win at this point. The worst is when you go play a different team the next day...it’s bad.

I feel like after about 12 innings I wouldn’t complain if they installed the MiLB rule. At that point it is almost like both teams are fighting to not kill their pens AND lose the game.

I'd be all for this for the regular season. Playoffs should be this format.

I feel like winning isn’t even a win at this point. The worst is when you go play a different team the next day...it’s bad.

I’d rather just have ties after 12 innings

That banner i just saw on the packers game was hilarious. Its like someone asked a non sports fan to make the most generic phrase they can think of. It said 1 2 3 firstdown.

That's a chant in the stadium by some after a first down.

That’s about as bad as the “Bill... Halll... Bill... Hall...” chant from the mid-2000s.

Winning still has consequences, but it's sure a lot better than a loss after how much has been invested.

When I was in college I attended an 18 inning game. Sheets started, crew down 0-5 in 9th, came back to tie it with big hits from Brooks Kieshnick, and Scott Podsednik in the rally. Ended in the 18th with a Wes Helms walk off. I think it was some Tuesday promo where you got a shirt dog soda ticket for like $20, sat way up in the 400’s by the left field foul pole, and I think they did the pregame up there. Bucket head brigade night maybe???? Stayed the whole time and was on tv multiple times late cuz our section was mostly still full.

How do they score 4 in the first and none since? Seriously?

Isn't that kind of the epitome of the team's offense this year?

I believe this is the 3rd game this season they have had a 4-0 lead after 1 inning and if they lose today they will have lost all 3.

That banner i just saw on the packers game was hilarious. Its like someone asked a non sports fan to make the most generic phrase they can think of. It said 1 2 3 firstdown.

That's a chant in the stadium by some after a first down.

That’s about as bad as the “Bill... Halll... Bill... Hall...” chant from the mid-2000s.

That was a great chant too!

I wish Jett Bandy was good so the J E T T Jett! Jett! Jett! chant would catch on!

maybe I missed it, but CHEESE SANDWICHES!!!!!

(I suppose since I'M on the west coast and the games in Milwaukee, it should be reverse cheese sandwich. Or maybe a Rueben sandwich!)

[and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, well, I think the cheese sandwich thread is still in the archives.]

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

When I was in college I attended an 18 inning game. Sheets started, crew down 0-5 in 9th, came back to tie it with big hits from Brooks Kieshnick, and Scott Podsednik in the rally. Ended in the 18th with a Wes Helms walk off. I think it was some Tuesday promo where you got a shirt dog soda ticket for like $20, sat way up in the 400’s by the left field foul pole, and I think they did the pregame up there. Bucket head brigade night maybe???? Stayed the whole time and was on tv multiple times late cuz our section was mostly still full.

I feel like I would definitely remember a 5-0 9th inning comeback that went 18 innings. Do you remember what year that was?

I disagree. Baseball is the one thing in this world that should never change.

I feel like I would definitely remember a 5-0 9th inning comeback that went 18 innings. Do you remember what year that was?

2003? 2004?

I’ll see if I can find it

Archived