Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-22: Reds (Stephenson) at Brewers (Peralta) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't watch any of today's game, was still busy processing yesterdays game and rotating my internal rage between pen management, the dang umpire not getting out of the way and that atrocious defense. I concluded that the umpire getting hit angered me the most, because that was 100% out of our control haha. Taking the next game off to as well in recovery. :laughing

Didn't watch any of today's game, was still busy processing yesterdays game and rotating my internal rage between pen management, the dang umpire not getting out of the way and that atrocious defense. I concluded that the umpire getting hit angered me the most, because that was 100% out of our control haha. Taking the next game off to as well in recovery. :laughing

My advice, and you can tell me to get lost, but the Brewers aren’t always in the mix. Sure it can be frustrating when things don’t go our way but I am trying to enjoy the heck out of this run. If we don’t get in, yeah it’ll suck but we endure all the crap seasons so that we hopefully can enjoy a playoff season at some point too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My advice, and you can tell me to get lost, but the Brewers aren’t always in the mix. Sure it can be frustrating when things don’t go our way but I am trying to enjoy the heck out of this run. If we don’t get in, yeah it’ll suck but we endure all the crap seasons so that we hopefully can enjoy a playoff season at some point too.

You're absolutely right, this season has been a lot of fun and we don't always get much to cheer for in late August. I'm not one to get overly down about the bullpen blowing a lead or a bad offensive night, yesterday was just unique in that it was clear to anyone who watched that everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. On top of that, we had a shot to gain on the Cubs and missed our opportunity. Nevertheless, I did check the box score tonight and it was good to see a clean win, lots of guys contributing top to bottom and what (on paper) looked like a strong outing from Peralta.

I should soak it up and enjoy it, but last night was a hard one to swallow to say the least. :laughing

Just imagine being an Angels fan where you have all the money in the world, have the best player in the game and keep signing high profile free agents and are still out of it every year before September. Try being a Nationals fan this season having as much talent as any other team in baseball and almost certainly missing the playoffs. Having a small market team that recently started a rebuild in the playoff hunt this time of year is a blessing. If we just barely miss the playoffs it really stinks and it definitely hurts the team but from a pure entertainment standpoint it is still great for us fans.

Agree, in spite of barely missing last year it was better than being out of it by now. I went to several of those Cubs at MKE games near the end of the year. It was basically a playoff atmosphere, folks weren't just there to drink and bs with others. Especially with every game so close and down to the wire, it was edge of the seat intensity all game. Of course it sucked that we lost the majority of them in some kind of odd way, but as a sports fan that type of competition is what it's all about.

ETA: another example I thought of, as UW fans we're used to to losing big football games in some close ways for years. My friends and I used to say man wouldn't it be better if we just lost soundly so it's not some painful end of the game way. And then the OSU 59-0 happened and we realized we were way wrong.

Agree, in spite of barely missing last year it was better than being out of it by now. I went to several of those Cubs at MKE games near the end of the year. It was basically a playoff atmosphere, folks weren't just there to drink and bs with others. Especially with every game so close and down to the wire, it was edge of the seat intensity all game. Of course it sucked that we lost the majority of them in some kind of odd way, but as a sports fan that type of competition is what it's all about.

ETA: another example I thought of, as UW fans we're used to to losing big football games in some close ways for years. My friends and I used to say man wouldn't it be better if we just lost soundly so it's not some painful end of the game way. And then the OSU 59-0 happened and we realized we were way wrong.

Meh I kind of disagree with you on drubbing vs. lose a heartbreaker. I'm as big of a Packer fan as there is and I can take the playoff losses like Atlanta, 49ers, etc. where we just got our butts whooped and that's all there is to it. Disgusted yes, but over it by the next day. It's the Arizona playoff games or the Seattle playoff games that just ache for weeks.

Agreed though that being in a pennant race in MLB is always better than being out of it by now, certainly.

Totally agree Adam

As a Marquette basketball fan I got over the Final 4 drubbing vs Kansas very quickly......and I was at the game.

Heartbreakers are the ones that sting.......where you wonder if 1 play, 1 pitch 1 call were different you might have won. Packer collapse vs Seattle.....Packer collapse on 4th and 26.....replacement refs costing game vs Seattle.....Badger Basketball loss to Kentucky at the buzzer would hurt much more then 59-0 loss to OSU in a game they were never in.

When you get blown out you don't play the "what if " game.......other team was much better that day......it happens......oh well....it was a fun season.

12 hits and only 4 runs...we really need to start capitalizing when we have runners in scoring position

This has been an issue all season long. We have a devil of a time moving runners over and getting them across the plate.

You guys are right in that you don't have the 'what if' stuff going on afterwards so I totally see where you're coming from. I guess to me it was just embarrassing and deflating to be out of the game within the first 5 mins, I'd rather have the entertainment of the whole game and a chance at the end. This might be skewed a bit because I was there in person for 59-0, well I guess I'm there for almost every football game even the close losses. Also might be a bit skewed by 59-0, as opposed to just a solid 27-13 type loss where you lose without drama but not embarrassed, that would be a bit different I suppose.

Or if you can think back to game 6 vs the Cards in 2011. Home game and if you win you get a home game in game 7. Instead you get just pasted and have no shot, I'd have much rather been down one in the bottom of the 9th with a chance.

Archived