Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-22: Reds (Stephenson) at Brewers (Peralta) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
this guy's curve ball just rolls right up there - looks like a beach ball.

bad baserunning costs a run there

They wouldn't have given Pina anything to hit with 1B open.

We kept pitching to the 8th place hitter, Jody Mercer, of the Pirates during that 0-5 series in Pittsburgh before the all-star break with runners in scoring position and the pitcher on-deck with 2 outs. It didn't work well for us, but is there some logical reason that teams would pitch to such a hitter in those cases? Counsell kept doing it earlier this season, as I said.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We kept pitching to the 8th place hitter, Jody Mercer, of the Pirates during that 0-5 series in Pittsburgh before the all-star break with runners in scoring position and the pitcher on-deck with 2 outs. It didn't work well for us, but is there some logical reason that teams would pitch to such a hitter in those cases? Counsell kept doing it earlier this season, as I said.

Maybe because 8th place hitters also get out 2/3rds of the time and then you've got a pitcher to start the next inning. Not saying that's a good enough reason, but it makes some sense. Wonder what the situational scoring probably stats say about it.

Brewers need to look over their video replay routines. Too many challenges made that have no chance of being overturned, and some blatant ones missed.

I hate Coles...I hate Sedar...but the person in charge of replay reviews? How does he still have a job!?!?!?!? Come on.

Why did Counsell challenge that? Not even close. A better question, WHY ARE WE STEALING THIRS BASE WITH NO OUTS, FAST CHRISTIAN YELICH ON SECOND, AND CAIN WHO JUST GOT A HIT THAT WOULDVE SCORED HIM ANYWAYS????? Really stupid whoever made that decision

Brewers need to look over their video replay routines. Too many challenges made that have no chance of being overturned, and some blatant ones missed.

Counsell is last in the majors this year in challenges overturned... And it isn't even close...

Why steal third with no outs and your best hitters coming up?

And of course Cain gets a hit...thats two base running errors that have cost us two runs. Between last night and today so far this team is playing terrible baseball

That was a terrible challenge. Can't believe they bothered with it. There's a logic in getting to 3rd so you can get sacrificed, but with 0 outs and top of the order, it's just not worth it there unless you're a lock to make it. Hell of a pick out of the dirt to make that throw by the C. IDK, maybe Yelich knew what pitch was coming

Glad this whole belt thing is funny to everyone, how about let’s pay attention to the pitcher who might throw the ball over to you with a runner off the base rather than paying attention to your loose belt.

I really hope the Brewers are studying film of games like today and the first start for Freddie and his starts where he can't find the plate to see if they can identify the small "issue" that impacts his accuracy, because when he is on he is a fantastic pitcher/prospect...

Archived