Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-22: Reds (Stephenson) at Brewers (Peralta) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankly, where someone hits in the lineup is way overrated as a factor to anything. I believe this has all been supported by math over the years too. It's fun to talk and BS about but when it comes down to it's a one on one battle with P no matter where you hit. Now, putting them in a spot to get the most bang for you buck so to speak is legit. Another thing legit in the discussion to slight degree is protection and who hits in front of you (ie can't pitch around Braun with Fielder on deck, can't pitch around the guy after Trout because Trout is on base 50% of the time, etc), but essentially ends up evened out to a degree because everyone tries to clump their best hitters together.

im really surprised Thames isnt in the lineup. Isnt he 2 for 2 against this pitcher with 2 homeruns? Must be his day of rest since he played yesterday

Sad.

Couldn't watch last night but didn't Thames have an error that cost them runs? I don't know how egregious it was but someone feel free to describe it.

Bad News Bears elements, notwithstanding, I still inherently believe this side is deserving of a playoff spot. I just feel that someone is gonna be on the receiving end from the Crew, of one of those crooked number shellackings soon. We've certainly threatened a few Menards big innings and not come through, and a big win is coming, I feel.

im really surprised Thames isnt in the lineup. Isnt he 2 for 2 against this pitcher with 2 homeruns? Must be his day of rest since he played yesterday

Sad.

Couldn't watch last night but didn't Thames have an error that cost them runs? I don't know how egregious it was but someone feel free to describe it.

It was on a single to right field with runners on first and second. The runner on second (the Reds pitcher) was going to stop at third but when Thames dropped the ball he came around to score and the other runner went to third where he scored on a sac fly. The next batter was retired (on a sliding catch by Cain on a sinking liner) so Thames boot cost a run.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Would have been nice to have Braun on second for Pina’s hit, though they might have pitched around Pina with a runner on second and Peralta on deck.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I love watching Ryan Braun bat right now. It is just so much fun to see him do his thing. Trying not to get my hopes up again but he has been hitting it hard for so long this season that it gets me a little giddy. Need this W!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived