Brewer Fanatic

Clint Coulter Promoted to AAA

jonescm128

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Coulter is a minor league FA in the off season (assuming we don't add him to the 40-man roster, which I don't believe is going to happen). I'm guessing he is gone. There really isn't any opportunity for him in our system.

Too bad he didn't develop into a better hitter. Or have been able to catch.

The OF they are running out there now is Santana, Tyrone Taylor, and Quentin Berry. Maybe they wanted to get an OF to help for the playoff push. Clint has to be a better hitter than Berry. He's only a professional baseball player because he can run fast anyway.

Probably the real reason. Berry and Santana will both be gone come September 1st.

The OF they are running out there now is Santana, Tyrone Taylor, and Quentin Berry. Maybe they wanted to get an OF to help for the playoff push. Clint has to be a better hitter than Berry. He's only a professional baseball player because he can run fast anyway.

Liriano is the third OF, Berry is 4th. Coulter has been playing some 1B and could continue to see some starts there in AAA.

Coulter certainly has tools. There's still a chance for him. Guys like Phil Nevin, Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Bautista, Jose Guillen, etc didn't break through until later

I wonder if moving him back behind the plate is an option. Couldn't hurt...

Coulter certainly has tools. There's still a chance for him. Guys like Phil Nevin, Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Bautista, Jose Guillen, etc didn't break through until later

Certainly an impressive AAA debut!

Liriano is the third OF, Berry is 4th. Coulter has been playing some 1B and could continue to see some starts there in AAA.

I'm sure Berry and Domingo will be coming up when rosters expand so they still need an OF.

Archived