Brewer Fanatic

Daniel Murphy

He was claimed by an unknown team, could it be the Brewers? NL teams get first shot at him. Schoop has been a disappointment, Shaw and Moose split time at 2nd/3rd and Murphy/Shaw split time at 2nd. I know his defense isn't all that great but we need another professional bat in the lineup.

He was claimed by an unknown team, could it be the Brewers? NL teams get first shot at him. Schoop has been a disappointment, Shaw and Moose split time at 2nd/3rd and Murphy/Shaw split time at 2nd. I know his defense isn't all that great but we need another professional bat in the lineup.

Eh, being a lefty that would truly take ABs away from Shaw and Mous and not create as much of a platoon advantage. I was fine with the Moustakas pickup because they've gotten plenty of at bats for those 2 regardless even with Schoop. Murphy would mean you're benching Shaw or Moustakas against a righty the majority of the time.

While Murphy will not set the world ablaze with his defense, his offensive skill set is perfect for the Brewers. The man rarely strikes out and has a slash of .329/.380/.930 in 342 games the past 3 years in Washington. This would be a boon for the offense if it happens as a Cain, Yelich, Aguilar, Murphy, Braun, Shaw/Moustakas, Schoop/Arcia lineup would be unreal.

Sign me up for Murphy with Perez as a defensive replacement late in games.

Schoop has shown me nothing, I'd be fine with DFA him. It was worth a trying , but it's not working.

I would be OK with moving him for Murphy but not outright DFAing him. While not my type of player, he is only a season removed from being an All Star 2B hitting .293 with 32 HR. Give him 2B next season and see what we have.

Schoop is not getting DFA after 50 ABs. Just not happening.

I'll never say never with Stearns, as he lives way, way outside the box at times, but I don't see how Murphy makes much sense for us.

Moving Schoop for Murphy is kind of an interesting idea, except Murphy can't play SS and isn't RH so I don't see that really fitting either. Plus it's nearly unheard of to take that big of a loss on a trade just 3 weeks after a deal.

I think the Dbacks or Rockies probably claimed him, I would guess Rockies. They could use his stick at 1b.

I feel like the odds of him actually leaving the Nationals are relatively slim though.

I wouldn't say it's completely unlikely for the Rockies to do that, but with Dahl, CarGo, Blackmon, Parra, McMahon they may already have their share of lefty options. I know that McMahon doesn't necessarily have a stranglehold at 1B, but he's hitting pretty well and Desmond already plays there at times as well. Might not really be a need for them, either. I also know that Desmond isn't hitting that well but I think he's fairly likely to remain in the lineup.

Archived