Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-21: Reds (Romano) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When we lost a game to the Padres people said "ehh, can't expect to sweep", then we lost two of three. The Cubs actually lose...and then we match them in crappiness. Problem is if we lose tonight, I have no faith we win tomorrow and will lose are umpteenth series in a row.

When we lost a game to the Padres people said "ehh, can't expect to sweep", then we lost two of three. The Cubs actually lose...and then we match them in crappiness. Problem is if we lose tonight, I have no faith we win tomorrow and will lose are umpteenth series in a row.

Hey now, it happens to every team. THey are just in a rut right now. Plenty of games left and I'm sure they'll turn it around as sure as I am the sun will come up tomorrow.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Already 5 unearned runs I see. Our franchise record for unearned runs allowed in a game is 9, and they all came in the 4th inning of this game against the Expos in 1999.

That's only 7 unearned.

...and why PH for Cirillo after 1 AB. Stupid Counsell probably had something to do with it.

No it was 9 Unearned for the team, you can have team unearned runs but those same runs charged to subsequent pitchers

I never knew that, add one to the list.

Seriously, I want to know why they PH for Cirillo. Must have been hurt.

Already 5 unearned runs I see. Our franchise record for unearned runs allowed in a game is 9, and they all came in the 4th inning of this game against the Expos in 1999.

Seriously, I want to know why they PH for Cirillo. Must have been hurt.

He did commit an error the prior inning, maybe a grounder got him in the hand/finger? He did start the next game, so maybe just giving him a breather since he was removed after the score was 10-1

Thames is not nearly good enough with the bat to accept his awful defense. When Braun can't play we should start Broxton. I have no idea why we stopped caring about defense when it was a big reason for our early season success.

If Domingo Santana hadn't turned into Billy Hamilton with the bat, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Thames is not nearly good enough with the bat to accept his awful defense. When Braun can't play we should start Broxton. I have no idea why we stopped caring about defense when it was a big reason for our early season success.

If Domingo Santana hadn't turned into Billy Hamilton with the bat, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Really frustrating since he looked noticeably better defensively. I'm still hoping he's a boost in Sept.

BA says we also have Matt Albers ready....That is comforting.

Jeffress and Josh and pray .... for the offense to put up an uncharacteristic 9 runs.

Yup... not a recipe for success.

Hey now debbie downer, turn that frown upside down! Those guys in the pen sure do try hard and heck, they're even good sometimes. They are just fine.

Yeah thames bat isn't making up for anything .hitting .103 with 18 SO in 29 AB this morning this month. He did win a game for us with a 3 run shot tho. It is time to bring up domingo

That is strangely specific.

Archived