Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-21: Reds (Romano) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Already 5 unearned runs I see. Our franchise record for unearned runs allowed in a game is 9, and they all came in the 4th inning of this game against the Expos in 1999.

That's only 7 unearned.

...and why PH for Cirillo after 1 AB. Stupid Counsell probably had something to do with it.

No it was 9 Unearned for the team, you can have team unearned runs but those same runs charged to subsequent pitchers

Guerra follows up that joke of a half inning by getting through the 5th with no damage. It's almost like he is still trying. Terrible pitcher. I'm done following this team. I'll probably still hang on though and comment here for a few more innings so you all know how right I am about things.

If he goes another inning without giving up an earned run he gets credit for a quality start.

Doesn't matter if he gets a quality start because back the 90s Cal Eldred ended up being a flop so the Brewers have a history of not producing home grown pitching and because of that the Cubs got Daniel Murphy and now that Darvish is out for the year Stearns still made a bad call signing Chacin who is TERRIBLE away from Petco. I'm done with this team. Traded away ALL of our top prospects for a few rentals and Yelich doesn't even have a good launch angle and Thames isn't a .300 hitter like he was in Asia so that was false advertising and now that Scooter fixed his swing the Brewers don't have a good 2nd baseman because Schoop is terrible. Done with this team. Even if we make the playoffs its not like we are going anywhere probably just lose the play in game and even if we win that it doesn't matter because we couldn't get Archer. I promise you Wade Miley isn't going to amount to anything. Should've just signed Lynn or AT LEAST traded for him, but no... Khris Davis is another name I can say out loud. This team is so Brewers. I'm done. I'm just done. I want everyone to know how much I know about baseball and it is SOOOOOO like Travis Shaw to keep trying to pull outside pitches and why wasn't Hader brought in in the 3rd when Guerra was in trouble, could have saved us 3 runs and we'd be winning. I would've traded Knebel this offseason because relievers all fall apart just look at Papelbon. I'm so done with this team. Why do I even turn the TV on? If Ted Thompson would have just traded for Moss... ahh, dang it sorry... and why can't Kratz catch a baseball? If Hader was pitching there he would have caught it. It is so like the Brewers to only score 5 runs on this scrub and then not score any for 2 innings. Terrible offense. This defense is terrible too. Today was the worst I've seen in any game since the Bill Spiers days and I've seen A LOT of games. Trust me. I'm a huge baseball fan and I know a lot. Jeff D'Amico, Jeff Juden, Kevin Seitzer. Look at all the names I know. This is unforgivable. Just wait, I promise I won't watch another game if they don't come back and win this. I'm so done. The Cardinals got Mat Adams. What a talent that guy is but we just sit here with our guys like they are suppose to improve on their own. What a waste. Taylor Green never got a fair chance. That's on Stearns. He should have known about Yelich's launch angle. Do your homework you nerd. I'm out.

The Cardinals may pass us both

We can only hope. I hate the Cardinals because they are always good, but my hatred for the Cubs pours through my soul. Lesser of two evils, but it’s not even close.

Opposite for me, I deeply hate the Cardinals, stemming all the way back to the '82 World Series. I was a senior in high school and it broke my heart.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
Guerra follows up that joke of a half inning by getting through the 5th with no damage. It's almost like he is still trying. Terrible pitcher. I'm done following this team. I'll probably still hang on though and comment here for a few more innings so you all know how right I am about things.

If he goes another inning without giving up an earned run he gets credit for a quality start.

Doesn't matter if he gets a quality start because back the 90s Cal Eldred ended up being a flop so the Brewers have a history of not producing home grown pitching and because of that the Cubs got Daniel Murphy and now that Darvish is out for the year Stearns still made a bad call signing Chacin who is TERRIBLE away from Petco. I'm done with this team. Traded away ALL of our top prospects for a few rentals and Yelich doesn't even have a good launch angle and Thames isn't a .300 hitter like he was in Asia so that was false advertising and now that Scooter fixed his swing the Brewers don't have a good 2nd baseman because Schoop is terrible. Done with this team. Even if we make the playoffs its not like we are going anywhere probably just lose the play in game and even if we win that it doesn't matter because we couldn't get Archer. I promise you Wade Miley isn't going to amount to anything. Should've just signed Lynn or AT LEAST traded for him, but no... Khris Davis is another name I can say out loud. This team is so Brewers. I'm done. I'm just done. I want everyone to know how much I know about baseball and it is SOOOOOO like Travis Shaw to keep trying to pull outside pitches and why wasn't Hader brought in in the 3rd when Guerra was in trouble, could have saved us 3 runs and we'd be winning. I would've traded Knebel this offseason because relievers all fall apart just look at Papelbon. I'm so done with this team. Why do I even turn the TV on? If Ted Thompson would have just traded for Moss... ahh, dang it sorry... and why can't Kratz catch a baseball? If Hader was pitching there he would have caught it. It is so like the Brewers to only score 5 runs on this scrub and then not score any for 2 innings. Terrible offense. This defense is terrible too. Today was the worst I've seen in any game since the Bill Spiers days and I've seen A LOT of games. Trust me. I'm a huge baseball fan and I know a lot. Jeff D'Amico, Jeff Juden, Kevin Seitzer. Look at all the names I know. This is unforgivable. Just wait, I promise I won't watch another game if they don't come back and win this. I'm so done. The Cardinals got Mat Adams. What a talent that guy is but we just sit here with our guys like they are suppose to improve on their own. What a waste. Taylor Green never got a fair chance. That's on Stearns. He should have known about Yelich's launch angle. Do your homework you nerd. I'm out.

Wow impressive rant. Have a nice evening.

Is this a joke? Man, some weird stuff going on tonight...

If this is a joke, whatever.

If this is a serious post, get out and don't come back. We don't need you here. (I think it's a serious post, so see ya later!)

Kato?

I think you got pretty much every chicken little argument there.

Community Moderator
It’s clearly not a serious post. A lot of work to be that snarky though.

I hope you're right but it seems the threat of another collapse is causing a number of people on here to lose it.

I think you got pretty much every chicken little argument there.

;)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

wut

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It’s clearly not a serious post. A lot of work to be that snarky though.

I think you are mistaken...

Come on man ... you've been here long enough to know a crap post when you see one. That whole thing shoulda been in blue.

but it wasn't, and wasn't meant to be either.

Read his other stuff.

He meant it all.

Since he is done with this team, we'll never know, or wait, since he is done, he won't be back, so then we will know it was all real.

I'm so confused.

If this team misses the playoffs its all Stearns fault. He destroyed the strength of the team which was defense and didn't improve the pitching. Great offseason for him but his in season moves have pretty much all been terrible.

Hey now, he tried really hard and he really meant to make the team better. We weren't even supposed to be good yet so none of this even counts really. The future is bright.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived