Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-21: Reds (Romano) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’ve tried to keep things positive, but the recent Padres and Braves losses combined with tonight have really been disappointing. Games they really needed to pull out when in a pennant race. I do think the laughably bad defense has done them a disservice.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
And that is why Keon Broxton is a AAAA player.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's about to get better, they said. The Reds are coming to town, they said.

This team just cannot get out of it's own way.

Eh, we weren't supposed to be done with the rebuild anyway.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Keon and Arcia are frustrating players. Not because he didn’t just hit us a 3-run bomb to win, but because they possess such talent and neither may ever hit enough to do much with it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Domingo or Keon? I take Domingo!

If I were Stearns, I'd be looking at making a waiver deal for a RF. Broxton obviously isn't the answer, and Domingo hasn't done much of anything to make himself look like an answer this year.

What's wrong with Braun, Cain, Yelich?

Domingo or Keon? I take Domingo!

If I were Stearns, I'd be looking at making a waiver deal for a RF. Broxton obviously isn't the answer, and Domingo hasn't done much of anything to make himself look like an answer this year.

What's wrong with Braun, Cain, Yelich?

Well ... Yelich is not a RF for one. You've seen his arm. He's adequate in LF, but is a major liability in RF. They are already making major concessions defensively in the IF, so I doubt Yelich is going to be a regular in RF.

Also, banking on Braun to play regularly in LF is investing in fool's gold.

Keon failed but I didn't have a huge problem with his AB. All the pitches he swung at were strikes or borderline, not like he was chasing pitches at his ankles.

I don't really care there if he wants to take 3 mighty rips and hope to run into one to win it as long as he's swinging at strikes.

Chances were always that he was going to fail as he is a highly strikeout prone hitter against their closer.

Archived