Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-21: Reds (Romano) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Eye Black
It is a tradition of failure. How can other posters be mad at those who are negative? I'm 33 and this has literally been happening our whole lives. Our best season was when a crappy cardinals team beat us in the NLCS.

...And won the World Series.

Hot take.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a tradition of failure. How can other posters be mad at those who are negative? I'm 33 and this has literally been happening our whole lives. Our best season was when a crappy cardinals team beat us in the NLCS.

The point is why even bother being a fan and come post on a fan site if you are going to spout whining and negativity?

It's all about venting...

Why do so many want to dictate how people post in the IGT?

Not meaning you alone, but on a daily basis, someone is here questioning people posting habits.

These threads are what they are. A community of lots of different fans of a team we all love.

Some show that differently, but the team is what draws us here.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I liked the move to Jennings. He’s done well versus lefties this year and had he done his job, it would’ve left Suarez in the on deck circle. Managers can only do so much. Players have to execute. Lately, half the bullpen isn’t executing and it could be our downfall.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
People venting in the In Game Thread is a time honored tradition. A lot of people avoid them just because of that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Welp, these are the kind of games you just shake your head at. Should have been a huge win pulling us within 2 and pad our WC lead. Instead we play like little leaguers. Can’t afford these in tight races against garbage teams.

The point is why even bother being a fan and come post on a fan site if you are going to spout whining and negativity?

Because where else can you commiserate with others who care about the team as much as you do?

THIS.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Why even bother being a fan when everything is rainbows and unicorns with a complete failure to see the reality of a situation? You can't tell me this is making you feel warm and fuzzy right now.

It's a tough game to watch, as will between 65 and 75 of the games this year. The sky isn't falling every time we lose a game or every time a guy makes a bad pitch.

I came on tonight in a positive mood and they completely screwed up as usual. Why live in a dreamland where this team can be successful against every bit of reality? I guess it comes down to whether you live your life on blind hope or whether you recognize trends and give up... some of us have just followed this team for 28+ years and can't turn back. Maybe I should let my boys become Dodgers fans and spare them

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I liked the move to Jennings. He’s done well versus lefties this year and had he done his job, it would’ve left Suarez in the on deck circle. Managers can only do so much. Players have to execute. Lately, half the bullpen isn’t executing and it could be our downfall.

Soria and Albers back soon hopefully...but only if its first half Albers.

I came on tonight in a positive mood and they completely screwed up as usual. Why live in a dreamland where this team can be successful against every bit of reality? I guess it comes down to whether you live your life on blind hope or whether you recognize trends and give up... some of us have just followed this team for 28+ years and can't turn back. Maybe I should let my boys become Dodgers fans and spare them

Last I checked, we are 12 games over 500 and in the thick of the playoff races. All while operating in the bottom 5 of resources available to compete with. The season is going well overall, some games suck. This one in fairness is much more due to rotten luck than anything.

Community Moderator
Another reason for my optimism about the Brewers is that my other favorite team is a way bigger trainwreck, has never appeared in a World Series, blew a way bigger lead than the Brewers this year, has the longest playoff drought in major professional sports, and has virtually no hope for the near-future due to poor personnel decisions.

Soria and Albers back soon hopefully...but only if its first half Albers.

There is plenty of talent in that pen. Just gotta get them pitching like it again. But hey, maybe we can fire our bullpen coach again lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Oh come on....the failures of 10 or 20 years ago have literally nothing to do with what is happening today.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived