Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-20: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless shaw is injured, why CC, WHY???

Because Shaw can't hit lefties and he was coming out for defense anyway......

Still 6 outs to get in a one run game...to me that's not worth burning shaw and a bench spot there. He just hit a HR last at bat.

That's valid. At this point it appears CC is valuing defense with only 6...now 3 outs to go.

Unless shaw is injured, why CC, WHY???

Because Shaw can't hit lefties and he was coming out for defense anyway......

Still 6 outs to get in a one run game...to me that's not worth burning shaw and a bench spot there. He just hit a HR last at bat.

He was coming out for defense anyway.......can you imagine the meltdown here if CC hadn't replaced him and it came back to cost us because of a grounder that he couldn't get to or a double play that wasnt turned?

Come on.....

Jeffress is warming up

Wow, I stand corrected. Note that we go into tomorrow with neither of them available then....

Better than saving one of them for tomorrow just to get blown out 8-2 tomorrow. Or even worse save one, Burnes/Knebel blows it today, and we get blown out tomorrow 8-2.

Jeffress is warming up

Wow, I stand corrected. Note that we go into tomorrow with neither of them available then....

Better than saving one of them for tomorrow just to get blown out 8-2 tomorrow. Or even worse save one, Burnes/Knebel blows it today, and we get blown out tomorrow 8-2.

I'm not bashing the decision. I get it, try to lock down the win. The decision has that consequence though.

If it gets to 3 runs here I hope Jeffress sits down and Knebel gets the call...or Burnes.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Really nice abs from Keon and Manny there.......

Yeah, they must work out.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived