7. C T. Barnhart B 7. SS Schoop R

8. 1B B. Dixon R 8. C Pina R

9. P Homer Bailey R 9. P Anderson R[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that the Brewers have made it through the tough part of the schedule, I see the mood changing here at Brewerfan over the next week+. The Reds may not be as bad as that terrible start they had, but simply, they are a bad ballclub as the 55-69 record indicates. The Brewers will likely be highly motivated for that Pirate series and I don't see things going well for Pittsburgh. I'm ready for a nice 7-2 run which should erase much of the recent doom and gloom.

Now that the Brewers have made it through the tough part of the schedule, I see the mood changing here at Brewerfan over the next week+.

If the Brewers go on a nice little run here it will only be because they're just good enough to beat the bad teams & can't hang with the actual good teams.

If they keep the winning up & clinch a wild card spot it won't really matter because they aren't good enough to win one game much less make a deep postseason run.

If they do shock the naysayers & make a deep postseason run, but ultimately come up short of winning the World Series it will be a wasted season because Stearns didn't go all in enough to win it all when we had the chance.

If they truly blow the world's collective mind & win it all, it will still be difficult to get excited about because our farm system isn't as strong as it was a year ago before our top prospects graduated or were traded for legitimate MLB players.

Now that the Brewers have made it through the tough part of the schedule, I see the mood changing here at Brewerfan over the next week+.

If the Brewers go on a nice little run here it will only be because they're just good enough to beat the bad teams & can't hang with the actual good teams.

If they keep the winning up & clinch a wild card spot it won't really matter because they aren't good enough to win one game much less make a deep postseason run.

If they do shock the naysayers & make a deep postseason run, but ultimately come up short of winning the World Series it will be a wasted season because Stearns didn't go all in enough to win it all when we had the chance.

If they truly blow the world's collective mind & win it all, it will still be difficult to get excited about because our farm system isn't as strong as it was a year ago before our top prospects graduated or were traded for legitimate MLB players.

LOL ... I love this! Just summed up quite a few posters here in a nutshell.

haha, this is my favorite post of the past week or so.

This Reds team can swing the bats with the best of them even without Votto and Brewers pitching has been awful in August. The bats better wake up or this could be an ugly few days.

The Brewers' bats have been pretty good since the Moustakas trade...and we're facing Homer Bailey and Sal Romano to open the series...the Brewers bats should have a nice start to this series.

As long as Anderson keeps it in the park tonight, I have a good feeling about this game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

had no idea Homer was THIS bad... I knew he was having a bad year, but yikes. tonight will be an 8 inning 2 hit outting from him.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

had no idea Homer was THIS bad... I knew he was having a bad year, but yikes. tonight will be an 8 inning 2 hit outting from him.

Bailey had a game like that against us last year I believe in the last week of the season. Just completely shut us down.

Where's Domingo Santana? They're treating him like they treated Scooter Gennett.

Hitting ok at Colorado Springs is hardly an indication that he has righted the ship. Everyone hits well there. Someone with Santana's skillset should be ripping the cover off the ball there. He isn't doing that.

Where's Domingo Santana? They're treating him like they treated Scooter Gennett.

Hitting ok at Colorado Springs is hardly an indication that he has righted the ship. Everyone hits well there. Someone with Santana's skillset should be ripping the cover off the ball there. He isn't doing that.

He was arguably the best slugger/hitter for the whole season last season. I think the Brewers are over-reactionary on Santana and not giving him enough of the benefit of the doubt. They did the same thing with Scooter one season with us where he started a little slow. Santana is a stud. Broxton is comparably a dud. I just don't get it ... nothing personal with you, mind you. :)

He was arguably the best slugger/hitter for the whole season last season. I think the Brewers are over-reactionary on Santana and not giving him enough of the benefit of the doubt. They did the same thing with Scooter one season with us where he started a little slow. Santana is a stud. Broxton is comparably a dud. I just don't get it ... nothing personal with you, mind you. :)

Broxton is a better option for what we need. Late game sub for defense/speed and minimal atbats. We are better off in my opinion having Santana get regular atbats in AAA while he doesn't have a spot for regular playing time here. Hopefully he can provide some value in September and down the stretch.

Despite his ok numbers, I wouldn't say he is all the way right...not yet.

He's also the king of those who had great 2017 seasons, and regressed terribly. He was downright awful in nearly full playing time before being sent down, and since he offers no defensive value, that explains why he's still there. It was entirely of his own doing.

Golly, gee ... Santana has an OBP of .414!!! Are we waiting until it's .500? His OPS is over .900. Get him here and playing instead of Broxton/Thames/injured-Braun!

That's my last word on this for now. I hope David Stearns is paying attention.

Archived