Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-19: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Counsel coddles his pitchers. Chacin could have easily gone another inning.

I think it had more to do with his spot coming up in the lineup and having Jeffress and Hader completely rested.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And if he gives up a home run, then Counsell is the worst manager ever because Jeffress and Hader were available.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Which is the only reason we don't have one of the worst rotations in baseball. The fact Counsell has gotten these results from this terrible rotation is a huge plus not a negative.

Man, this offense is putrid.

2 runs isn’t going to win many games, and that’s all they’ve gotten in each of their last 5 games against the Cardinals (4 losses and a 2-1 win on two Aguilar HRs).

Bold prediction: if the Brewers don’t score more than two runs today, they lose.

✍️

Nice to get a win today, but the hitting continues to be weak. Trading Villar and a couple of minor leaguers to the O's for Schoop was not David Stearns finest hour. Villar is hitting well for Baltimore. It looked like a bad trade then, and it is looking worse now. Also how does Darnell Cole keep his job?

Schoop is a much better fielder than Villar and a better baserunner. The minor leaguers in the deal are non factors long term and we have Schoop for next year while we break in Keston. It is a deal I probably wouldn't have made either but it isn't some disaster and it did improve the team for this season.

Schoop is a much better fielder than Villar and a better baserunner. The minor leaguers in the deal are non factors long term and we have Schoop for next year while we break in Keston. It is a deal I probably wouldn't have made either but it isn't some disaster and it did improve the team for this season.

I suspect a lot are sorry we made this deal because Schoop is struggling and we need pitching more than yet another infielder...

Archived