Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-19: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Gant) 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

Eye Black
I find it somewhat amusing that Hernan Perez has outlived the likes of Villar, Gennett, Segura etc... This isn’t a knock on him right not, just observational.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My god are we facing some terrible ERA Reds starters this week.

I was going to say the same thing, Bailey is 1-10 too. Not like record really matters, but it makes me feel better regardless

They are hitting though. It won't be as easy as some think.

I’m just glad Eric Thames is mostly healed up for the Reds the way he hits them :laughing

I just re-read my post and I'm totally lost as to what I said that so deeply offended Yaz. Can someone help me out?

Smartphone is not smart. My apology. That was meant for Plush.

...is it the phone...or the user?

Mind blown.

To be fair to CC, the Brewers are going to need Hader a lot down the stretch so maybe this lull is part of a bigger plan.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I’ve been so focused on the division before recently I didn’t realize how crowded the wild card race had truly gotten. There’s no more time for slumps, one of those teams is going to catch fire and run away with it. Gotta start turning things around now and what better way to do it then the Reds at home.

I can't do nothing but LoL, at Sophias post game player interviews.

Her go to question it seems like after every win is

"So how important was Player x(whoever performed well that day) today."

It's just comical. Because I've heard that exact question in almost every post gamer from her.

Nice win to stop the bleeding, but still on the outside looking in as of today. Rockies have gotten hot. Have to catch them or the 2nd team in the East, while still holding off the Dodgers and Cardinals. Going to be tough, need to get hot. Might end up taking 90 wins.

Vott on the DL right now though. Gotta get this one first. 2/3 from CIN and you're fine

Honestly, 2 of 3 IS fine, not the end of the world but at some point you need to get hot and rattle off 5 or 6 in a row here. Decent-ish baseball the rest of the way won't be good enough anymore the way it would have been when we were 18 over .500.

To be fair to CC, the Brewers are going to need Hader a lot down the stretch so maybe this lull is part of a bigger plan.

LOL, ya ooooook.

It was alllll the plan from the get go. :rolleyes

Aparently this was condescending towards brew4u. And he reported me. Thanks for the pm letting me know that brew4u

Sorry to um... offend you? Ha

LOL, ya ooooook.

It was alllll the plan from the get go. :rolleyes

Aparently this was condescending towards brew4u. And he reported me. Thanks for the pm letting me know that brew4u

Sorry to um... offend you? Ha

As was this.

Frankly lucky we managed to steal one considering we scored exactly 2 runs yet again.

The Cubs scored exactly ONE run in each of their four games against the Pirates and managed to win 2. For the entire series, the Bucs outscored the Cubs 5-4.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Man, this offense is putrid.

2 runs isn’t going to win many games, and that’s all they’ve gotten in each of their last 5 games against the Cardinals (4 losses and a 2-1 win on two Aguilar HRs).

Bold prediction: if the Brewers don’t score more than two runs today, they lose.

✍️

Nice to get a win today, but the hitting continues to be weak. Trading Villar and a couple of minor leaguers to the O's for Schoop was not David Stearns finest hour. Villar is hitting well for Baltimore. It looked like a bad trade then, and it is looking worse now. Also how does Darnell Cole keep his job?

Archived