7. Erik Kratz ® C 7. Harrison Bader ® CF

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Greg Garcia (L) 2B

9. Jhoulys Chacin ® P 9. John Gant ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Chacin's last start when he was dynamite vs the Cubs, Braun hit 2 HR and we won 7-0 that it was going to be the turning point on the season and they would go on a run. Obviously that didn't happen, I am hoping today is that day. We need that day to come very soon before we fall to far out.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Honestly, it is a bit of a relief to not have to defend a playoff spot. I feel like I have been dreading getting caught all year, and now that ot has happened it's like things can get better more than they can get worse. Hope Chacin comes through and delivers a win and then we go home and run off a bunch.

If not today, the Brewers have to stop the bleeding soon and string together some wins and winning series. After today they have two series against the Reds (with Votto on the DL for at least the first one) sandwiched around a home series against the Pirates, who are slipping again. If they don’t pick up at least 5 or 6 wins in those games it’s going to get really hard to believe that a turnaround is coming.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This one feels like the game where they are tied or leading by a run in the middle innings, then hader and Jeffress finally get into the game and give up the lead because they are rusty as hell and then the brewers promptly lose in extras when a b team reliever gives up a bomb.

Please prove me wrong, brewers

Man, this offense is putrid.

2 runs isn’t going to win many games, and that’s all they’ve gotten in each of their last 5 games against the Cardinals (4 losses and a 2-1 win on two Aguilar HRs).

Bold prediction: if the Brewers don’t score more than two runs today, they lose.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Man, this offense is putrid.

2 runs isn’t going to win many games, and that’s all they’ve gotten in each of their last 5 games against the Cardinals (4 losses and a 2-1 win on two Aguilar HRs).

Bold prediction: if the Brewers don’t score more than two runs today, they lose.

✍️

How very brewers of the cards to give up a 2 rbi double on a 2 out 2 strike pitch. Shame they couldnt double down by giving up a homer after he ump blew a called strike 3 to aguilar next though.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I just don't really care about the Cubs at this point to be honest for 2018, we are not catching them. The Wild Card remains realistic if we can get things turned around, though.

However long-term it's of course a very good thing for us if the Darvish deal ends up being a dud like it has so far.

Archived