Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-18: Brewers (Miley) at Cardinals (Mikolas) 6:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why when people start threads after 2017 like "Trade Corey Knebel?", instead of just laughing them off like they're loony, sometimes it's best to keep an open mind. Sometimes unconventional ideas often end up being good ones.

Are we finally in "must win" mode now? Or is there still plenty of season left?

We have plenty of season left .... no reason we can’t win like 20 straight at some point. Lol.

I just keep hearing the Monty Python black knight skit over and over gain.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

This is why when people start threads after 2017 like "Trade Corey Knebel?", instead of just laughing them off like they're loony, sometimes it's best to keep an open mind. Sometimes unconventional ideas often end up being good ones.

+1. I was one of those people. I'm big into small market teams selling high...

For instance, this off-season I would trade Jeffress without thinking twice. I would likely also trade Aguilar. With his body type I dont see him being a stud year after year.

Are we finally in "must win" mode now? Or is there still plenty of season left?

We have plenty of season left .... no reason we can’t win like 20 straight at some point. Lol.

I just keep hearing the Monty Python black night skit over and over gain.

:laughing :laughing

Might be time to start a "Trade Jesus Aguilar" thread after the season, because I could easily see him going down the same path as Knebel.

+1. I was one of those people. I'm big into small market teams selling high...

For instance, this off-season I would trade Jeffress without thinking twice. I would likely also trade Aguilar. With his body type I dont see him being a stud year after year.

I wouldn’t move JJ tho. He’s def better here than anywhere else. Been through a lot and feels like home here. I respect that.

Aguilar I have no issue trying to move only if it’s a high return. (I’m talking deGrom or similar). Otherwise he has proven to be a good hitter not just a power bat. And he seems like a good teammate and enjoys playing baseball. Guys like him, Brandon Phillips, etc you just love to have on your team. Just my 2 cents.

Didn't upgrade at C.

Didn't upgrade at SS.

Arguably downgraded at 2B.

Didn't upgrade at SP.

Everything we got is what we decided we wanted. We wanted Arcia's weak stick back, we wanted Schoop's free swinging bat, we wanted to stick with the guys we had in the rotation. We wanted to stick with Pina and Kratz at catcher even though very good rental catchers were available for far less than we paid to rent Moose and Soria.

In every sense of the word, the Milwaukee Brewers got exactly what they wanted this trade deadline.

I appreciate what David Stearns has done, and he's the right man for this job, but let's be clear-- he blew it this trade deadline. This is a learning experience he needs to own. Whether by coincidence or intent, he's began a bit of a trend in unconventional, outside the box moves. He got away with it when he kept the OF logjam in tact after Yelich and Cain were acquired.

He did not get away with it this time.

Didn't upgrade at C.

Didn't upgrade at SS.

Arguably downgraded at 2B.

Didn't upgrade at SP.

Everything we got is what we decided we wanted. We wanted Arcia's weak stick back, we wanted Schoop's free swinging bat, we wanted to stick with the guys we had in the rotation. We wanted to stick with Pina and Kratz at catcher even though very good rental catchers were available for far less than we paid to rent Moose and Soria.

In every sense of the word, the Milwaukee Brewers got exactly what they wanted this trade deadline.

I appreciate what David Stearns has done, and he's the right man for this job, but let's be clear-- he blew it this trade deadline. This is a learning experience he needs to own. Whether by coincidence or intent, he's began a bit of a trend in unconventional, outside the box moves. He got away with it when he kept the OF logjam in tact after Yelich and Cain were acquired.

He did not get away with it this time.

He made the team worse at the deadline by weakening our biggest strength which was our team defense. There is no way to sugarcoat the fact that he did a terrible job at the deadline most likely costing us a playoff spot while giving away some good prospects in the process.

On the plus side this was my first season as a SSH. The playoff invoice went out this week and I had total sticker shock, so I'm kinda glad I won't be dropping that cash.

me too. $3500 LDB was avg $141 per ticket for all potential games. That seemed pretty steep so im probably going to pass.

I am sorry but Schoop should not be on this team next season at 8 million plus. We can just pay Perez a million or two to hit as poorly but have the flexibility to play multiple positions.

He will be on the team and he will probably have a great year and then walk after the team disappoints and fails to make the playoffs.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Losing is a disease......

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived