Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-18: Brewers (Miley) at Cardinals (Mikolas) 6:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black
I'm going to laugh if they put in Hader tonight just to get him some work after not using him in a 1 run game yesterday.

Considering CC is gone there may be a "so you're telling me there's a chance" chance.

CC still makes the calls from the locker room, no way getting kicked out keeps managers from managing the game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and he has played a grand total of 3 games since returning from the DL. He wouldn't have taken the field for us until August 15th, 3 days ago.

EDIT: He went on the DL July 14th, and came off August 15th.

I guess I am not quite clear what your point is. If we acquired him on deadline day, the time from July 14th until then is not relevant to us anyway. Yes, we would have missed him for 2 weeks after that and he would not have helped us then, but we would have been no worse off than we were anyway in those 2 weeks, and in the present and the future we would be much, much better at catcher, for a cost of basically nothing.

Given how close the wild card race is that would have been very beneficial compared to the position we are in now of throwing Erik Kratz out there every day.

I'm going to laugh if they put in Hader tonight just to get him some work after not using him in a 1 run game yesterday.

Considering CC is gone there may be a "so you're telling me there's a chance" chance.

CC still makes the calls from the locker room, no way getting kicked out keeps managers from managing the game.

Pat Murphy has an unread text message from CC waiting on his phone as we speak that reads "Time 2 start firing up Lyles and Jennings double barrel action k?"

Sometimes I wonder if opposing pitchers walk off the mound after working out of a jam unscathed thinking "same old Brewers", because that's what Mikolaus' body language was saying.

I think the Cubs and Cards both feel that way. It seems they are two teams that have been our demise or the teams to blow by us time after time.

I’d love to think we still squeak out a WC but.. I just don’t know. History is not on our side lol. And I don’t consider myself a negative person in nature. Just seen enough the last 15 years to know better.

The walk up music for every Milwaukee Brewer. What a choke job.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Hate to say this, but we sure look finished. We just do not have the gas for 162. You've got to wonder if it's more lack or talent or the "same old" is getting into their heads. It's just uncanny how consistently we do this.

And on the opposite spectrum, there are teams like the Cardinals that just has that "it" factor; how they are always in contention year after year no matter what the talent level or payroll is.

Archived