Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baseballamerica.com lists Counsell as the best manager in the NL ... voted upon by other managers and scouts, I guess ... somebody likes Counsell, I guess.

Counsell is whatever. He's fine. I don't agree with all his decisions, but it's that way no matter who the manager is. My only real complaint with him is how long he stuck with Knebel this year and was still married to the idea of a conventional closer, but for the most part I think he is able to think outside the box.

Counsell has to wear at least part of the crappy hitting this year. Games like this, we have no chance. We have these games 3 days a week. It's incredibly frustrating.

I wish Darnell Coles would wear it since he's been in charge of these crappy offenses for several years now.

baseballamerica.com lists Counsell as the best manager in the NL ... voted upon by other managers and scouts, I guess ... somebody likes Counsell, I guess.

Counsell is whatever. He's fine. I don't agree with all his decisions, but it's that way no matter who the manager is. My only real complaint with him is how long he stuck with Knebel this year and was still married to the idea of a conventional closer, but for the most part I think he is able to think outside the box.

Counsell has to wear at least part of the crappy hitting this year. Games like this, we have no chance. We have these games 3 days a week. It's incredibly frustrating.

I think the crappy hitters have to wear the crappy hitting this year.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I wish Darnell Coles would wear it since he's been in charge of these crappy offenses for several years now.

I wish Darnell Coles would wear a different teams jersey next year.

;)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Counsell has Jennings warming up instead of Hader ... why? Why not bring in a guy who has proven to be very capable as a shutdown guy. Why not give your offense a chance to come back from a 3-run deficit? Jennings gets nicked up far more than Hader. We cannot afford to give up any more runs at all!

This is a major gripe I have with Counsell! Hader is over-rested, if anything!

Granted the hitters and Coles are responsible, but the coach should be able to motivate and change approaches, no? That's usually their job as well, not to just stand back and let them continue to be crappy for 200 straight games
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Counsell has Jennings warming up instead of Hader ... why? Why not bring in a guy who has proven to be very capable as a shutdown guy. Why not give your offense a chance to come back from a 3-run deficit? Jennings gets nicked up far more than Hader. We cannot afford to give up any more runs at all!

This is a major gripe I have with Counsell! Hader is over-rested, if anything!

Preaching to the choir. I imagine it's because today doesn't have an S and T in it.

Hader last pitched on 8/11!!!! Why? https://www.fangraphs.com/teams/brewers/pitcher-usage

Because Counsell saves Jeffress and Hader for perfect situations that never come, and as a result we end up losing games 8-7 like we did with the Braves last week with our best pitchers still available.

It's a total waste when you have to put your best relievers in just to get him some work again. It happened with Jeffress last week, it's likely going to happen with Josh.

Brewers have played 124 games. Josh Hader has appeared 39 times. Unbelievable.

For someone that's only going to pitch in games we're leading, that's a pretty low number for playing on a team that has more wins than 13 other NL teams. But hey, he can't pitch in 90.

Archived