Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
I remember when everyone was over the moon about Peralta...haha.

People had him on Hiura's prospect level headlining a trade for DeGrom. It was painful.

Just another guy tricking hitters that aren’t familiar. Sometimes I wonder if a team should just promote a guy with a tricky delivery/good pitch for the stretch run. Feels like half the time those guy act like aces.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woodruff must really have nobody in the organization at this point who believes in him at this point. No other explanation for why he has been given zero chance to take hold of Freddy's spot. Crazy.

It’s because Woodruff sucks

Not as much as this take.

He has a 4.8 ERA across 2 seasons and is nearing 26 years old, tell me what he’s shown you to make you believe he’s an MLB caliber pitcher

He has a 4.8 ERA across 2 seasons and is nearing 26 years old, tell me what he’s shown you to make you believe he’s an MLB caliber pitcher

Way too small of a sample... He has never been given a real shot at the rotation.

I'd rather throw him out there and see what we have then to say he sucks.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Way too small of a sample... He has never been given a real shot at the rotation.

Has more career innings than Peralta and a higher ERA, not to mention he’s 4 years older than Peralta

Has more career innings than Peralta and a higher ERA, not to mention he’s 4 years older than Peralta

And has more control that Peralta. And a ton more zip on his fastball.

None of those things proves he sucks.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This is just a terrible take. There are countless pitchers who don't come into their own by age 25. You should see what Jake Arrieta's career ERA was at age 27 after several hundred innings.

:laughing

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

What would be the general opinion if one were to suggest keeping Moustakas and trading Shaw. Asking for a friend.

How expensive is Moustakas and what are you trading for.

Simply put unless you are going to get proven MLB rotation help I don’t get the point. I like Shaw’s bat more and he is still cheap. If you keep Moustakas you add significant payroll towards the offense leaving little for pitching help.

I doubt Shaw gets you a lot or more importantly pitching help.

Archived