Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
Ah sports betting is legal everywhere now. The Pandora's box has been thrown wide open like games being THROWN!

It's never not been legal in the us, at least online and the places I plauu.

Been doing it for 20 years, make a nice chunk per month.

I was thinking the same thing, Craig had Cards -1.5 lol

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah sports betting is legal everywhere now. The Pandora's box has been thrown wide open like games being THROWN!

Got Pete Rose banned from the HOF didn't it?

Got Pete Rose banned from the HOF didn't it?

Lol, CC ain't gotta worry about that.

Lyles comes out for a second inning even when we score 2 to make it a one run game. A normal person would think someone should already be warming up to start. If not you would think even a whiff of struggle would make you get someone warming up.

Nope, not us, not the Brewers. Counsell is such an idiot with the bullpen it blows my mind. What on earth are we doing most days? I get not wanting to blow through your good guys every time you are losing...but good god.

How does Lyles get an inning to himself no matter what happens?!? This is the stretch run man!!! What a joke.

I remember a lot of fans were all psyched when we hired CC. Back then I couldn't understand the excitement. CC has never managed at any level. This reminds me of when GB hired Bart Starr and kept him around forever. CC's handling of the bullpen and screwing around with the lineup every night has been a bad joke all season. And our lack of discipline at the plate is still terrible. We got away with all this nonsense before the ASB because we were scoring runs. Those of you bashing McCarthy at least he coached GB to a championship. This ain't gonna happen with CC. I also blame Stearns for adding another damn infielder instead of starting pitching. What a sad mess. :tongue

Well that sucked. Scratch back in only for CC to take the momentum, take it out back, kill it, then shoot it to confirm it.

He’s right , can’t use Hader for 90 games. Apparently can’t use him or JJ for any reason other then a slam dunk ahead situation. And sure can’t get them regular work to stay sharp. So now when Hader or Jj comes in tomorrow or Sunday and doesn’t have a good feel for their pitching we can get even more upset... sigh.

It’s tough being a Brewers fan boys.

And girls. :(

I don’t see this team finishing ahead of the Cardinals. I know some didn’t expect them to be in this situation anyway so they’re not disappointed but like an idiot I got excited and thought this year was different. It’s not. It’s the same crap. Same sorry ass franchise that celebrates a World Series loss like they won the damn thing.

30 damn years ago too. :tongue

He been terrible handling the pen

I agree more and more each game.

From how he handled Knebel ... how he handles guys when we can see plain as day they don’t have it that day ... and how he refuses to use any of the top half of the pen to keep a one run game a one run game ... I really am starting to think CC has a WAR of -5 or so right now...

Kept trotting out Boone Logan in tight games as well. When he clearly didn't have

I'll never understand why CC doesn't have more than one guy up just in case the guy he brings in doesn't have it = insurance. By the time Counsell realizes his chosen pitcher can't find the damn plate we give up 2+ more runs.

I am fine with CC not bringing in Hader or Jeffress. Your offense wasn't doing anything all game and we were trailing. Lyles may not have been the best guy to bring in but he can cover multiple innings and I am sure it was CCs intention to let him just finish off the game. I will agree that I think they are babying Hader but you cannot bring him in the game every time its close.

I like to think they are keeping him and Jeffress fresh for the stretch run in September and will be utilizing them both much more. Its a rough period for our bullpen with Williams just getting back, Soria on the DL, Albers on the DL, and Burnes struggling. Still plenty of time left and we still have a wild card spot at the moment, but we just really need to get those guys healthy.

Until then, you aren't going to pitch your best guys when you are trailing because you certainly don't want Jennings or Lyles having to protect leads late in a game.

I am fine with CC not bringing in Hader or Jeffress. Your offense wasn't doing anything all game and we were trailing. Lyles may not have been the best guy to bring in but he can cover multiple innings and I am sure it was CCs intention to let him just finish off the game. I will agree that I think they are babying Hader but you cannot bring him in the game every time its close.

I like to think they are keeping him and Jeffress fresh for the stretch run in September and will be utilizing them both much more. Its a rough period for our bullpen with Williams just getting back, Soria on the DL, Albers on the DL, and Burnes struggling. Still plenty of time left and we still have a wild card spot at the moment, but we just really need to get those guys healthy.

Until then, you aren't going to pitch your best guys when you are trailing because you certainly don't want Jennings or Lyles having to protect leads late in a game.

That offense that wasn't doing anything all game got the team to within one run of tying the score. You dont put out your mop up reliever, whom wasn't deemed good enough to warrant a roster spot for the Padres, for a second inning when we had made it a winnable game and give back the two runs we had scored in the top of the inning, sucking the life out of the rest of the team. Lyles is our new Oliver Drake, whom is on his fifth team this year BTW. A guy who has a +4.5 ERA and a lifetime 5.35 ERA is not someone who can cover multiple innings. And no one is saying use Hader, or whomever else, every time in a close game we are trailing, but it sure would be nice to see him pitch more than once a week. He only has 39 appearences and 58 IP on the year. How fresh do we need him to be? Most relief pitchers have those numbers before the All Star Break.

That offense that wasn't doing anything all game got the team to within one run of tying the score. You dont put out your mop up reliever, whom wasn't deemed good enough to warrant a roster spot for the Padres, for a second inning when we had made it a winnable game and give back the two runs we had scored in the top of the inning, sucking the life out of the rest of the team. Lyles is our new Oliver Drake, whom is on his fifth team this year BTW. A guy who has a +4.5 ERA and a lifetime 5.35 ERA is not someone who can cover multiple innings. And no one is saying use Hader, or whomever else, every time in a close game we are trailing, but it sure would be nice to see him pitch more than once a week. He only has 39 appearences and 58 IP on the year. How fresh do we need him to be? Most relief pitchers have those numbers before the All Star Break.

58.1 IP for Hader and 56.2 for Jeffress. That is 21st and 28th in the MLB, respectively. 62 innings gets you in the top 10. I would say they are being used quite a bit. If our offense was better they would be used more so maybe our offense is the issue.

Would also like to point out that Jack Flaherty was incredible. Great stuff and great command of his pitches. How do we get one of those guys?

It can be argued that we possibly have one of those guys in Corbin Burnes. Unfortunately, he is being used once a week in relief.

So true. As our rotation continues to falter I continue to hate this decision more and more. And to be frank, not like Burnes is having a major impact in the pen that a guy like Hader has which has made him so difficult to remove.

Archived