Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black

HzAlerC.jpg

HzAlDyP.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cardinals Lineup

1. Christian Yelich (L) LF 1. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B

2. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 2. Yadier Molina ® C

3. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 3. Jose Martinez ® RF

4. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 4. Marcell Ozuna ® LF

5. Travis Shaw (L) 2B 5. Paul DeJong ® SS

6. Jonathan Schoop ® SS 6. Jedd Gyorko ® 3B

7. Eric Thames (L) RF 7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B

8. Erik Kratz ® C 8. Harrison Bader ® CF

9. Freddy Peralta ® P 9. Jack Flaherty ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fear I'm starting to tire of the "Freddy Peralta Experience". I sure do hope that Good Freddy shows up tonight and proves me wrong.

When he misses he seems to miss badly, so if hes getting a tight zone or not getting the swings and misses he tends to struggle mightily. As you would imagine.

vs. LHB: .865 OPS

vs. RHB: .365 OPS (.086 batting average)

If there was a game where we could start Jennings as an "opener" for Carpenter, this would be it.

I do like it on the whole. Find your way around Carpenter and the Cards are basically all righty.

Carp's cooled off considerably. Lately getting a lot of production from the lower and speedier lower part of the order. Bader is the spark plug.

If there was a game where we could start Jennings as an "opener" for Carpenter, this would be it.

I do like it on the whole. Find your way around Carpenter and the Cards are basically all righty.

Carp's cooled off considerably. Lately getting a lot of production from the lower and speedier lower part of the order. Bader is the spark plug.

I mean, sure...he's had a not-spectacular week but he's still the most dangerous hitter on the team. Were we expecting him to continue to hit .400 with 5 HR every week for the rest of the season?

I'm not throwing fastballs down the middle to Mookie Betts if he's had a 0 HR, 3/19 week so that I can focus on pitching around Eduardo Nunez.

I mean, sure...he's had a not-spectacular week but he's still the most dangerous hitter on the team. Were we expecting him to continue to hit .400 with 5 HR every week for the rest of the season?

I'm not throwing fastballs down the middle to Mookie Betts if he's had a 0 HR, 3/19 week so that I can focus on pitching around Eduardo Nunez.

Of course.

Votto to the 10 day DL. If he doesn't come back right away we may miss him for both series coming up.

Just gotta get past this series and then we have some pretty winnable series coming up. The schedule starts to turn in our favor.

Great point

We don't play a single game against our competition for the Wild Card slots so we don't have the benefit of beating our competition like we did in Atlanta last weekend... It's a run to the finish where a streak in either direction could be critical...

It's been a bit of a steady spiral. They went from best record in the NL, to best record in the Central, to top Wild Card, to barely hanging onto a Wild Card spot now. The big losing streak in July really hurt, and they haven't had anything that long since April -- typically even when they've gotten going, they've won 2 or 3 games before dropping one again, just can't seem to sustain a real solid streak.

At some point, you're going to need to make a bit of a run here if you're going to play any October games. These are big games -- I won't call this series a must win, but at some point you need to start putting together something to feel good about again. They just seem to be stuck in neutral ever since the Twins/Braves homestand in early July.

It's been a bit of a steady spiral. They went from best record in the NL, to best record in the Central, to top Wild Card, to barely hanging onto a Wild Card spot now. The big losing streak in July really hurt, and they haven't had anything that long since April -- typically even when they've gotten going, they've won 2 or 3 games before dropping one again, just can't seem to sustain a real solid streak.

At some point, you're going to need to make a bit of a run here if you're going to play any October games. These are big games -- I won't call this series a must win, but at some point you need to start putting together something to feel good about again. They just seem to be stuck in neutral ever since the Twins/Braves homestand in early July.

Feel like there was another year where this happened... Agreed with the whole stuck in neutral. Hopefully we can see a glimpse of 1st half Jesus, and a normal Schoop.

Yelich

Cain

Moustakas

Aguilar

Shaw

Schoop

Thames

Freddy

Like the look of the lineup. Wonder if Braun is still ailing from that rib cage injury however.

The batting order looks good, but the defensive lineup makes me nervous, especially against a team with some speed that puts pressure on the defense.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yelich

Cain

Moustakas

Aguilar

Shaw

Schoop

Thames

Freddy

Like the look of the lineup. Wonder if Braun is still ailing from that rib cage injury however.

The batting order looks good, but the defensive lineup makes me nervous, especially against a team with some speed that puts pressure on the defense.

Peralta has a 31% gb rate, so I think that is why the lineup looks like this. Although the Cardinals are a pesky team which good defense it typically required. It will be interesting.

I'm kind of surprised how long of a leash they've given Peralta with his woes and young age. I can't see him getting another start if he puts up another dud tonight.

Agree. Would have expected Woodruff up by now. Of course another bad outing probably means Davies will get tossed into the rotation.

Righty batters are hitting .086 against Freddy Peralta.

The Cardinals have Carpenter and Wong (not a great hitter). That's why he's getting one more chance.

Granted, that wasn't his late-minors trend so we'll see if the heavy splits are more of just small sample anomalies.

If they are going to go on an 8 game win streak, I prefer it to be 8 games to end the year :)

If they are going to go on an 8 game win streak, I prefer it to be 8 games to end the year :)

I don't know if I agree with that. If they wait for the last 8 games of the year, they might already be eliminated. (I'm not normally part of the crowd posting negatives either, FYI)

Archived