Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-15: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
I thought they had to catch it clean for the foul tip 3rd strike, not juggle it around and then catch it. Rock was wrong when he said that obviously.

The rule is, and I think what Schroeder has said correctly, that a foul tip must hit the catcher’s glove or hand first to be legally caught. If it does hit his glove or hand first he can juggle it, or have it hit other pieces of equipment and still be legally caught.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got home so didn’t see the circumstances, but the fact that Guerra was left in to give up 7 on a day we have a completely rested pen and an off day tomorrow is completely absurd to me.

If Counsell pulled a pitcher every time someone on this board wanted him too we would have to sign a new pitcher every day just to get enough innings.

Situations change based on circumstances. While it's too early to call any game a must win, if you have any visions of winning the division, this was one that you really had to go for and try to go into the last part of August down 1 game.

Not every game can be played as a 'live to fight another day' strategy, particularly when you had 2 games sandwiched by off days and a great chance to utilize the stronger part of your pitching staff, while at the same time taking the shot at pulling into the lead in the 4th.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jesus walked
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Baez should be suspended for the rest of the year for that.

He should be suspended for his eyebrow maintenance alone.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Random stat question irrelevant to this that someone just asked me but I figured the experts here would know quickly. Thanks for any help.

Say a relief pitcher comes in with a runner on 1st, obviously that runner is responsible to the guy leaving the game. Now, next guy grounds into a fielders choice that gets teh guy going out to 2nd but next the hitter is safe at 1st. Who's responsible for that runner now? I would guess it's still the previous pitchers but really not sure.

hernan

Archived