Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-15: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who have the brewers called up mid season who mashed like this? I don't recall one. Dude looks legit to me.

Sogard, Saladino, Kratz....

Thanks haha...I didn't even go through an exercise of looking things up thinking "too many to remember" when two of the answers were literally a few weeks ago.

Yelich has really cooled lately.

He has. I don't think it's too much to be concerned over just the nature of a hot streak, eventually you cool off. He's still getting some hits, just not as many as before and he seems to be striking out a little more frequently than normal.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

It wasn't even just a glance of the jersey. Glove to shoulder, clear as day

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/08/15/2388034183/1534362565244/asset_2500K.mp4

Safe.

Are you serious? Conveniently WGN didn't show the one angle that showed the glove directly on his shoulder a half step before he touches the base. The last one on your clip showed kind of had it, Brewers broadcast had it clear as day

I just got home so didn’t see the circumstances, but the fact that Guerra was left in to give up 7 on a day we have a completely rested pen and an off day tomorrow is completely absurd to me.

I wouldn't have minded leaving him into the 4th or 5th it if there wasn't a very clear reason to pinch hit him in the top of the 4th.

Down 4-2, 1st and 2nd, Cubs have just pitched around Pina to get to Guerra...that was our chance.

I just got home so didn’t see the circumstances, but the fact that Guerra was left in to give up 7 on a day we have a completely rested pen and an off day tomorrow is completely absurd to me.

It's like Counsell has no ability to adjust for circumstances (possible rain shortened day, rested pen, day off 2 days ago, day off tomorrow, pitcher struggling, chance to take lead in 4th)

I wouldn't have minded leaving him into the 4th or 5th it if there wasn't a very clear reason to pinch hit him in the top of the 4th.

Down 4-2, 1st and 2nd, Cubs have just pitched around Pina to get to Guerra...that was our chance.

Counsell just doesn't seem to have that feel on situations like this. I know Murphy the bench coach is his friend but what else does he bring to the table. It's like Counsell has nobody in his ear.

Counsell just doesn't seem to have that feel on situations like this. I know Murphy the bench coach is his friend but what else does he bring to the table. It's like Counsell has nobody in his ear.

I dunno, I think Counsell is generally fine at this. He just pulled Anderson at 82 pitches in a big hitting situation after 4 on Sunday.

I think this one was, "woah, we're not that progressive yet" type fear of absolute bullpen ball. Pulling him at 43 pitches after 3 innings is either a playoff desperation move or something that only the Rays are willing to do right now. In 2-3 years it will probably be a normal move.

And trust me, I was one that thinks he should've done it.

It was a lot of bloop hits and bad defense. Hard to really hang this game completely on Guerra. If Counsell pulled a pitcher every time someone on this board wanted him too we would have to sign a new pitcher every day just to get enough innings.

Counsell is to blame for everything. Someone is probably going to come blame Braun's injury on him somehow.

Community Moderator
It wasn't even just a glance of the jersey. Glove to shoulder, clear as day

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/08/15/2388034183/1534362565244/asset_2500K.mp4

Safe.

Are you serious? Conveniently WGN didn't show the one angle that showed the glove directly on his shoulder a half step before he touches the base. The last one your clip showed kind had it, Brewers broadcast had it clear as day

I think I see what you are referring to now.

Archived