Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-15: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
Where did Cubs find Bote?? Bryant goes down and you think that has to hurt. Nope just find another dude who can mash. No problem.

18th round pick.

He's a nice MLB utility player that will probably be a .260/.320 15-20 HR utility player type. Most teams have guys like this in their system, this guy just happens to have had the luckiest stretch of his career in his first month. Let's not get carried away with "mash."

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defense wins games to many issues with guys playing in not there natural spots. CC does make you wonder what going through his mind sometimes. I bet he waiting for sept to use Hadar more.

hopefully it still matters then. the way st louis is playing....

I am not watching the game, just following it on mlb gameday, but a lot of people are mentioning a lot of bad luck for us but also that Shaw has no range...anyone care to sum up what is going on?

All I can see is ground ball singles, fly ball singles, and wild pitches...

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm assuming it's one of those classic seeing eye grounder, bloop hit Chinese water torture type of innings.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Hader has pitched 4 times since July 30th, for a total of 4.2 innings. Your best pitcher isn’t your best pitcher if you never put him in the game. You don’t need to save him for the postseason if you’re playing yourself out of postseason contention. If he was a starter he would’ve pitched 20+ innings in that time frame, although I can see his value as a reliever. BUT NOT IF HE IS NEVER IN THE GAME

Jacob Barnes has pitched more innings than Hader. He has been sent down 3 times!! What does that tell you?? How that cam be the case is all you need to know about how he has been mismanaged.

Unbelievable lol

I am not watching the game, just following it on mlb gameday, but a lot of people are mentioning a lot of bad luck for us but also that Shaw has no range...anyone care to sum up what is going on?

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm assuming it's one of those classic seeing eye grounder, bloop hit Chinese water torture type of innings.

:laughing :laughing

Thanks I needed that

same here, and pitchers going from 0-2 counts to walking people. lol. bad day at the office

Here are a few plays:

1. Ground ball directly to where the SS would be but instead Schoop was shifted to hole between 3rd and SS. Shaw was playing SS but just off of 2nd. Neither Schoop or Shaw really jumped to go get ground ball and watched it dribble through.

2. Fly ball to shallow CF that Shaw couldn't get and neither could Cain who was playing deep

3. Another fly ball to shallow CF that Shaw should have caught but lost it in sun

Community Moderator

It's mostly bad luck. Ground balls and dump singles found the holes. Guerra was not good today. I don't have a problem with anything Counsell did.

Top of the order coming up, let’s get 2-3 runs then get Hendricks out of the game and put in Hader for 2-3 innings to keep us within striking distance. But Counsell looks like he already has struggling Taylor williams coming off an injury ready to come in instead to put the game out of reach.

I mean if the Cards win tonight Brewers are gonna have to win 2 of 3 to keep them at bay. Cards new manager seems to have a clue where Matheny did not. Trouble brewing.

The "rash judgments on a small sample of games" posts are running like a wildfire on this thread. Thames, Bote, the Cards...we have it all.

Hader has pitched 4 times since July 30th, for a total of 4.2 innings. Your best pitcher isn’t your best pitcher if you never put him in the game. You don’t need to save him for the postseason if you’re playing yourself out of postseason contention. If he was a starter he would’ve pitched 20+ innings in that time frame, although I can see his value as a reliever. BUT NOT IF HE IS NEVER IN THE GAME

Jacob Barnes has pitched more innings than Hader. He has been sent down 3 times!! What does that tell you?? How that cam be the case is all you need to know about how he has been mismanaged.

Unbelievable lol

I meant to say more appearances. 41 to 39. My bad.

same here, and pitchers going from 0-2 counts to walking people. lol. bad day at the office

Here are a few plays:

1. Ground ball directly to where the SS would be but instead Schoop was shifted to hole between 3rd and SS. Shaw was playing SS but just off of 2nd. Neither Schoop or Shaw really jumped to go get ground ball and watched it dribble through.

2. Fly ball to shallow CF that Shaw couldn't get and neither could Cain who was playing deep

3. Another fly ball to shallow CF that Shaw should have caught but lost it in sun

Well I am glad I don't have to watch this live then

It's mostly bad luck. Ground balls and dump singles found the holes. Guerra was not good today. I don't have a problem with anything Counsell did.

Even Adam McCalvy admitted that they blew it on that challenge. If you won't admit he blew it on that one I'm not sure when you could ever find fault with him.

Where did Cubs find Bote?? Bryant goes down and you think that has to hurt. Nope just find another dude who can mash. No problem.

18th round pick.

He's a nice MLB utility player that will probably be a .260/.320 15-20 HR utility player type. Most teams have guys like this in their system, this guy just happens to have had the luckiest stretch of his career in his first month. Let's not get carried away with "mash."

Who have the brewers called up mid season who mashed like this? I don't recall one. Dude looks legit to me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jeez is Braun hurt again?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Who have the brewers called up mid season who mashed like this? I don't recall one. Dude looks legit to me.

It's hard to remember, I'm sure we have plenty but Sogard most recently.

The question is whether his PCL numbers (where hitters generally put up inflated numbers) are legit.

If you don't trust them, he's a .240/.310 hitter with 15 HR. If you trust that he's turned a career corner, he's a .270/.340 type with 20-25 HR.

Average/bad hitters do this sort of stuff way more than you think. 3 weeks to a month is not a good enough window to judge a player.

Community Moderator

Even Adam McCalvy admitted that they blew it on that challenge. If you won't admit he blew it on that one I'm not sure when you could ever find fault with him.

I watched the reply and didn't see the jersey move. Clearly others saw it so I believe that he was out. If I watched it now I would probably see it. Would NY have seen it? Maybe. Who knows what they said to Counsell.

Archived