Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-15: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care about splitting or catching the Cubs necessarily because I think it's a pipe dream. But we're in jeopardy of finishing 3rd in the Central. I just want to win games at this point to have a shot at the end for anything. I haven't thought about the division race in weeks.

How is it that we hear all about how awful the Cubs farm is, how they have no one, and yet they have this David Bote guy come out of nowhere and hit 3rd and do awesome for them?

I look at this as not much different than Sogard or McGehee. I'd be very very surprised if he did anything near this again.

Again, Piña watches a fastball down the middle pitch one then swings at a terrible pitch the second pitch. Half of the hitters have done this so far. Is Coles telling them not to swing at pitch 1?

thames has now struck out 24 times in has last 51 AB..

If he doesn't figure it out soon, just bench him

Aguilar had a bad few weeks and carried us last week.

Braun had a bad few months and has recently been carrying us.

Play your best players in the best matchups (which they are generally doing) and it'll all work out. Everyone's going to have ups and downs.

He's out. I'm already despising Bote.

If there was ever a an example for someone to use an invention freezes time and live in a moment forever, it's Bote. He probably is a nice utility player with power but it's guaranteed to go downhill for him soon.

Kind of like Peraltas and Woodward’s first start. Sometimes things just fall into place when they probably shouldn’t. Just enjoy them when they happen I guess.

Well this one is trending bad already. Would have been great to win this game...instead here we are down early.

These are the kind of wins we need in the year. Instead we just aren’t pulling off big wins. At the end of the year that is the difference.

Archived