Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-15: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do we insist on using inferior relievers; you cannot expect to mount a comeback or stay close with inferior arms always on the mound ... especially when we have two days off this week! It's so very frustrating! Does Mark Attanasio feel this way, I wonder? Come on! This is getting ridiculous!

Why do we insist on using inferior relievers; you cannot expect to mount a comeback or stay close with inferior arms always on the mound ... especially when we have two days off this week! It's so very frustrating! Does Mark Attanasio feel this way, I wonder? Come on! This is getting ridiculous!

That is my biggest critique of CC...that he refuses to use good relievers in close games where we are behind.

With the off day coming yea I get it. But there's still at least two innings after this, if you were to continue the comeback you'd need guys for those innings and potentially extras. Which obviously you'd like Hader/Jeffress for that

Random stat question irrelevant to this that someone just asked me but I figured the experts here would know quickly. Thanks for any help.

Say a relief pitcher comes in with a runner on 1st, obviously that runner is responsible to the guy leaving the game. Now, next guy grounds into a fielders choice that gets teh guy going out to 2nd but next the hitter is safe at 1st. Who's responsible for that runner now? I would guess it's still the previous pitchers but really not sure.

Pretty sure that is the relief pitcher's guy at that point. Pitcher is only responsible for batters he personally allows on base.

The run would be charged to the first pitcher.

The official scoring rules (10.16(g)) say that when pitchers are changed during an inning, a relief pitcher is not charged for any run scored by a runner who was on base when the reliever entered the game, or by any runner who reaches base on a fielder’s choice that puts out a runner left on base by any preceding pitcher.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Stearns has been a great GM for us, but he's gonna have to wear that Shoop trade. The guy is useless.

It's fun how if he doesn't bat 1.000 he's useless. Just disregard the RBI double he hit earlier in the game.

By the way, he has now hit in 7 straight games that he's started (0 for 3 as a pinch hitter).

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Thanks for that random rule thing.

Kratz another well hit ball there, he's surprisingly been doing well of late after that brutal spell

And to what seabass just said, Schoop hit that ball very well. Under it a bit and it's gone. A few more feet to the right and it's in the gap due to a terrible defender in LF.

Hader has pitched 4.2 innings in the last half month

The weird part is this would also limit him as a potential starter next year. They must be set on him staying in the pen, otherwise he should be on the upper end of reliever innings so that he doesn’t end up with an inning limit next year.

Hader has pitched 4.2 innings in the last half month

From the beginning of the season to the end of May he pitched 33 innings over 19 appearances and averaged 2.4 days of rest between appearances. From June to now he's pitched 25.1 innings over 20 appearances and averaged 2.7 days of rest between appearances. So he's pitching less overall, pitching less when he actually gets in a game and getting more rest between outings.

Counsell showed absolutely no sense today that today was any different than any other game.

On the plus side, maybe we can stop worrying so much about what the Cubs are doing everyday -- they are highly likely to win the division by at least 5 games.

We should be far more worried about the Cardinals right on our heels for a wild card.

It's fun how if he doesn't bat 1.000 he's useless.

Strawman.

Just disregard the RBI double he hit earlier in the game.

check out the "Statistical Analysis" forum for a better understanding of stats that matter...

By the way, he has now hit in 7 straight games that he's started (0 for 3 as a pinch hitter).

And yet his OPS is still under 0.400. That's the definition of useless..

Archived