Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-15: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Hendricks) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black

HzgYyFb.jpg

HzgYSwi.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cubs Lineup

1. Christian Yelich (L) RF 1. Javier Baez ® 2B

2. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 2. Jason Heyward (L) RF

3. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 3. David Bote ® 3B

4. Ryan Braun ® LF 4. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B

5. Travis Shaw (L) 2B 5. Albert Almora Jr. ® CF

6. Jonathan Schoop ® SS 6. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF

7. Eric Thames (L) 1B 7. Willson Contreras ® C

8. Manny Piña ® C 8. Kyle Hendricks ® P

9. Junior Guerra ® P 9. Addison Russell ® SS[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hourly forecast seems like it could go a while too. So it's not like they can just delay the start until like 5 and it'll be fine. Might have to start and stop a few times or just cancel it altogether if the forecast holds.

Hourly forecast seems like it could go a while too. So it's not like they can just delay the start until like 5 and it'll be fine. Might have to start and stop a few times or just cancel it altogether if the forecast holds.

Hourly forecast suggests they may have a small window from 1:20 to 3 or so. It may be a game where we want to play to lead after 5-6 innings.

Is anyone real familiar with the Cubs roster from 26-40? I'm just wondering if their 40 man roster depth will save them from the lack of off days in September, or if they're basically garbage after 25.

Mostly AAAA fodder. But... those are the guys that teams like the Cubs have who have huge Septembers... lol.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2018-roster.shtml

Wonder if they are thinking of starting someone other than Guerra if the game might start and stop.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Is anyone real familiar with the Cubs roster from 26-40? I'm just wondering if their 40 man roster depth will save them from the lack of off days in September, or if they're basically garbage after 25.

Mostly AAAA fodder. But... those are the guys that teams like the Cubs have who have huge Septembers... lol.

Morrow and Bryant are nice reinforcements to have during that stretch if those two can come back.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Morrow and Bryant are nice reinforcements to have during that stretch if those two can come back.

and that Darvish fellow... who knows what you get with him.

This game is so big mentally for the team. 1 game back vs. 3 games back.

Also, wow, the Dodgers have really faltered lately. Nearly a +100 run differential...yet no postseason spot this second.

Four straight ninth inning losses for the Dodgers since Jansen went out.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

That David Bote is probably part of their 26-40 when at full health. Also quite a few of their bullpen pitchers are AAAA fodder with mediocre stuff that are managing to get outs pretty consistently. So hard to say, I doubt they'll get a ton of help outside of bullpen arms.

If they don't get a healthy and productive Bryant, Morrow, and Darvish back to help down the stretch, the cupboard is pretty darn bare. Consider that the only position players the Cubs have on their 40-man that aren't already on the current active roster are Bryant (DL) and some OF called Zagunis, and the fact that there isn't a single healthy one of their 40 man pitchers who isn't already on their active roster that would be considered an up and coming prospect. It's basically the three guys on the DL who all still have questionable return dates, Drew Smyly (who is recovering from injuries of his own and could be garbage regardless), and a pile of AAAA fodder who could either be lightning in a bottle for two weeks or implode. If the arms toward the bottom of their 40 man are brought in during the September roster expansion to try and ease the strain of their schedule, their bats better be mashing if they need them to contribute consistently in competitive games.

This game is so big mentally for the team. 1 game back vs. 3 games back.

Also, wow, the Dodgers have really faltered lately. Nearly a +100 run differential...yet no postseason spot this second.

The pressure is starting to show as evidenced by Puig's meltdown fricass after striking out on a hittable pitch.

Over in the AL the Astros are in the same boat: 5 straight losses I think. The mighty Cubs are only 7 and 6 in August...but they might be playing possum.

Archived