Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-14: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-0]

Eye Black
Just think if the Nats didn’t give away the game on Sunday to the Cubs, we would be playing for a first place tie tomorrow.

Except the Cubs wouldn’t have still been drunk, celebrating their August 12 World Series victory.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, what a pitching performance by Chacin.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Augie just said the player of the game was Willy Peralta

Stop it!!! Are you serious? In his defense I have heard him try to pronounce Jhoulys Chacin before, probably why he just went with Wily Peralta.

In the close on the mlb package before going to the after 9th inning break Plesac said Peralta as well then was corrected by COuchon ... it’s like nobody believed anyone but Peralta could have that line ! Haha

None the less it was a great effort after a buzzkill of a game Sunday. And yes tomorrow now is important as a swing game. Head to head VS these guys are worth double in the games how ever you shake it.... after tomorrow we are back 1 or 3 games in the standings. There’s a big difference there ! And I’d LOVe to go into StL with a full head of steam and go rain on their parade !!!!

Zobrist to Phil Cuzzi

“Please Phil, the Brewers are whopping our butt. It’s hot. Just kick me out, please. I can’t take it anymore”.

Not quite but yeah he pretty much asked to be tossed with this comment......one that many here agree with.

I know those are bad calls but we've seen them a hundred times called incorrectly when they're that close. It sucks but it's kind of the nature of baseball these days so it really shouldn't be something to throw tantrums over. For the most part our guys take them in the stride

Even tho that pitch is off the plate that ump called it consistently a strike all afternoon.

I didn't see the game, but who pitched the ninth, Knebel or Jennings? Gameday has Knebel in the 8th and Jennings in the 9th, the MLB box score has Jennings in the 8th and Knebel in the 9th.

Can't believe they haven't corrected one or the other yet.

I didn't see the game, but who pitched the ninth, Knebel or Jennings? Gameday has Knebel in the 8th and Jennings in the 9th, the MLB box score has Jennings in the 8th and Knebel in the 9th.

Can't believe they haven't corrected one or the other yet.

Gameday is correct.

A day game against Quintana... We've seen both of these movies before- I don't like our chances.

And we will win 10-0, because, Baseball.

Baseball.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived