Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-14: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-0]

Eye Black

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stating the obvious ... but potentially a crucial 48 hours for the Brewers and the temperature of the fan base. If we get swept I'm assuming many will be jumping. If we can sweep everyone will make us the favorites. #fandom

I'm cautiously optimistic about today, go Crew!

I'm stating the obvious ... but potentially a crucial 48 hours for the Brewers and the temperature of the fan base. If we get swept I'm assuming many will be jumping. If we can sweep everyone will make us the favorites. #fandom

Two game sweep will not make us the favorites. Losing both games will cause many to abandon ship, but really doesn't change much of anything. Cubs are the favorites before and after this short series, regardless of what happens. There's still a month and half left, so nothing critical about this series.

Technically none of the next 5 games are must win.....but we can’t be less than 3-2.

I think if we go 4-1, we go out and get a starter.

Why can't we be less that 3-2? Baseball is weird (sports in general really.) They could go 2-3 or even 1-4, but go 6-0 vs the Cubs in the final two series. Maybe have an 11 game winning streak at some point.

Yea, if they lose two to the Cubs it makes it tougher, as pointed out in another thread that's just math. I just recoil a bit when I hear about must win games when there's still a month and a half of games to play.

Two game sweep will not make us the favorites. Losing both games will cause many to abandon ship, but really doesn't change much of anything. Cubs are the favorites before and after this short series, regardless of what happens. There's still a month and half left, so nothing critical about this series.

Oh, I entirely agree with you. I'm talking specifically about the reaction of this board and our fan base. Many tend to live and die day to day with results.

Technically none of the next 5 games are must win.....but we can’t be less than 3-2.

I think if we go 4-1, we go out and get a starter.

Why can't we be less that 3-2? Baseball is weird (sports in general really.) They could go 2-3 or even 1-4, but go 6-0 vs the Cubs in the final two series. Maybe have an 11 game winning streak at some point.

Yea, if they lose two to the Cubs it makes it tougher, as pointed out in another thread that's just math. I just recoil a bit when I hear about must win games when there's still a month and a half of games to play.

THANK YOU. I can stand when I hear on sports radio about a "must-win" series in August.

To me, you go with Schoop vs lefties from here on out and hopes that he at some point becomes the player we thought he was. It's a gamble but one we need to make because the reward is what we need to be a contender. Im saying he could put our offense over the top, especially important considering our pitching situation.

That said, im glad we didnt spend big on a pitcher. Clearly we are not in our window yet. With Burnes in the rotation next year, peralta with some experience, and the ability to sign guys without giving anything up in the offseason, perhaps a healthy Nelson, i think our window truly begins next season. Either way, this should be a fun ride.

To me, you go with Schoop vs lefties from here on out and hopes that he at some point becomes the player we thought he was. It's a gamble but one we need to make because the reward is what we need to be a contender. Im saying he could put our offense over the top, especially important considering our pitching situation.

That said, im glad we didnt spend big on a pitcher. Clearly we are not in our window yet. With Burnes in the rotation next year, peralta with some experience, and the ability to sign guys without giving anything up in the offseason, perhaps a healthy Nelson, i think our window truly begins next season. Either way, this should be a fun ride.

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW TO SEE THE DINGERAS ALREADY

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

How many do we have to be ahead to feel safe about this? 10?

With the way our pitchers have been protecting leads and with how the Cubs seem to pull out miraculous wins every day I would say 10 is still worrisome

Archived