Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-12: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Newcomb) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should the Brewers sit Chase now? Hate to have him blow the lead now with one or more home runs.

I was thinking REAL short leash, like 1 base runner. Only because he had a clean inning last inning. I wouldn’t let him pitch with a runner on.

Hard to complain about five runs in four innings, but 12 hits and nine stranded runners leaves a lot to be desired.

When you get a lot of hits, you get a lot of base runners and, by extension, often have a lot of stranded runners.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think that was Schoop's first walk as a Brewer last inning. Salute!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nope. When is the last time the guy had a big hit? Wow.

The second inning of the game on August 12th, 2018?

I get so nostalgic for the second inning of today's game!

I wish you would stop living in the past. Just because the team was great back in the second inning doesn't mean the logo they wore then is better than what they are wearing at 3:14pm ET.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I could never root for a guy named Dansby.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived