Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-12: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Newcomb) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from the K, Chase isn't missing any bats. Even when he gets ahead in the count, he's nibbling then getting to the point where he has to serve up an easy strike. He's just not fooling anyone.

I really wonder if fielding different lineups and batting orders every day makes it harder for players to get 8nto a groove. I understand wanting to give guys a day off every so often, and wanting to get everyone in a game now and then, but are they overdoing it?

I would say yes, for sure!

I'm sure it effects some players differently, but in the grand scheme of things, I think players need to be in there playing, not bouncing back and forth with days on the bench, hitting all over the order, and playing different positions.

Hitting in a different spot in the lineup and playing different positions is just an excuse fans make up. It has no bearing on professional hitters.

There have been players who have been very vocal about hitting in a certain spot. It affects some, not all, like I said everyone is different.

I commented on it in the standings thread but today could be a very big swing day. If we can pull out a Sunday win vs the Braves, the Cubs get Scherzer tonight. Could be 1 back heading to Chicago.

Of course we could lose and the Cubs beat Scherzer and were 3 back....

I really wonder if fielding different lineups and batting orders every day makes it harder for players to get 8nto a groove. I understand wanting to give guys a day off every so often, and wanting to get everyone in a game now and then, but are they overdoing it?

I would say yes, for sure!

I'm sure it effects some players differently, but in the grand scheme of things, I think players need to be in there playing, not bouncing back and forth with days on the bench, hitting all over the order, and playing different positions.

Hitting in a different spot in the lineup and playing different positions is just an excuse fans make up. It has no bearing on professional hitters.

You would know this for certain based on your extensive background as a professional hitter?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Brewers are certainly squaring up the ball well so far.

EDIT: An inning and a half has lasted almost an hour.

If you can't speed up the game, spice up the broadcasts... Coshun isn't doing it obviously, but seriously, add some live look ins picture in picture style. Quick highlights from other games... Something.

I don't think the slowness of today's game is the fault of the game in general, it's the fault of today's pitchers.

EDIT: I wanted to go to one of these games, but I couldn't go to last night's game, Friday's game was just tough with schedules (thankfully I missed it), and I wasn't particularly thrilled with sitting in 90 degree weather for 3-4 hours today. Looks like I could have gotten whatever seat I wanted, though.

Archived