Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-10: Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Gausman) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the bullpen was over-used to the point that it the big difference.

Knebel hasn't been that great all year.

He seems to always walk a poor hitter and get in trouble, sometimes get out of it but not as sharp as he was last year.

When he was on the DL, it was perfect.

CC pitched hader or jeffrees in the 8th or 9TH depending on match-ups.

His mistake was just GIVING the closer role back to knebel

Trading for Moustakas and Schoop were Melvinesque. I was happy knowing that Stearns valued defense and OBP but he made a big mistake abandoning it for slugging and nothing else.

Although it's still early into the Moose/Shoop era, these moves aren't looking like they are going to get them over the .500 hump this team has been for the past 2.5 months. The only thing these trades are going to accomplish is losing a couple high ranked prospects.

It's not easy being a Brewers fan.

Stearns has been an A+ GM since being hired but he had a rough trading deadline.

Since we gave up 2 good prospects plus Villar to get him I think we are definitely going to keep Schoop next year but is he really worth the 10 million or so that he will get. I thought we were getting away from the all slugging no patience type of hitters but guess not.

I don't think adding moose was a mistake.

he looks like the real deal.

Moose has been fine but we had a similar player in Shaw who gets on base at a much higher rate. Now we are playing Shaw at second and he has no business playing there.

I don't think the bullpen was over-used to the point that it the big difference.

Knebel hasn't been that great all year.

He seems to always walk a poor hitter and get in trouble, sometimes get out of it but not as sharp as he was last year.

When he was on the DL, it was perfect.

CC pitched hader or jeffrees in the 8th or 9TH depending on match-ups.

His mistake was just GIVING the closer role back to knebel

The thing that really burns me about CC is his babying of Hader. He condescendingly tells fans/reporters that he can't pitch in 90 games but we're 75% of the way into the season and Hader only has 38 appearences. For someone who CC has adamantly said he only comes in with a lead, he sure doesn't have alot of appearences pitching for a team that has the second most wins in the NL. Perhaps if he had more regular work he wouldn't be giving up as many runs as he has been lately.

I don't think adding moose was a mistake.

he looks like the real deal.

I don't think it was a mistake either per se. I'm just saying so far he hasn't been a difference maker for the team and it appears he never will be. Shoop has been a difference maker. For the worse.

I just turned on Netflix to take a deep breath.

It says "stripes" is a 98% match to my preferences.

THAT is pretty accurate. lol

If you like comedies, you'll love this game. And this team.

Oh, it's not the speed really so much. I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning, ya know?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think I'll give up on tonight, and go put on the next episode of The Handmaid's Tale, because a totalitarian society where doctors, priests, and sexual deviants are hung in public, rapists are beaten to death in ritualistic ceremonies, and fertile women are forced into service as breeders, under the watchful eye of armed guards and roving "eyes" that will snag disobedients, and send them to their deaths cleaning up toxic waste, seems like a veritable laugh riot compared to this dumpster fire.

giphy.gif

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I just turned on Netflix to take a deep breath.

It says "stripes" is a 98% match to my preferences.

THAT is pretty accurate. lol

If you like comedies, you'll love this game. And this team.

Oh, it's not the speed really so much. I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning, ya know?

I'm sure there are alot of ways I've gone that you haven't.

How does Lance Lynn get moved for a bucket of balls and the brewers don't play and get him?? I just cannot understand how Brian Cashman gets Happ and Lynn and Britton for peanuts and we trade Ortiz for Schoop who we didn't need. This is going to make an excellent 30 for 30. Meltdown the curse continues.

Gausmam was the guy to get. He just looks like a quality pitcher.

You might want to see him pitch against another offense before making that conclusion.... The Clown Car Offense can make any pitcher look like Cy Young...

No kidding. We made the Padre Pitchers on 2 nights look like Sandy K and Bob Lemon.

If we dont hit Homers, we dont get runs because we get too many Ks to string hits in for runs.

Brewers went cheap. They need to get rid of their top prospects for a playoff chance otherwise we finish 5 games out of the WC.

Gausmam was the guy to get. He just looks like a quality pitcher.

You might want to see him pitch against another offense before making that conclusion.... The Clown Car Offense can make any pitcher look like Cy Young...

No kidding. We made the Padre Pitchers on 2 nights look like Sandy K and Bob Lemon.

If we dont hit Homers, we dont get runs because we get too many Ks to string hits in for runs.

Brewers went cheap. They need to get rid of their top prospects for a playoff chance otherwise we finish 5 games out of the WC.

We absolutely did not go cheap. We paid a premium to bring in the guys we did. They were just the wrong type of players.

Archived